1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Lust and anxiety

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Le 18, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Le 18

Le 18 Fapstronaut

Allright, day 6 of NoFap and I feel amazing. I walk as a confident motherfucker and communicate with a lot of confidence. Such confidence that I am surprised of how much my confidence has changed.

Allright, the problem is that there is the hot as girl in the gym that I think is looking at me but something does not feel right. The thing is that she is a lot older than I am. I think she is about 25+ and I am 18 wich is quite a big age difference and in my experience (wich is limited) I do think that women do prefer older guys. The thing is that she is really hot and I get anxious when she looks at me wich makes me feel bad afterwards because I do not try anything. I am also insecure if she actually is interested in my or is just curious of how i behave in the gym. I do joke a lot with my friends when we are lifting and groan some(I dont scream like a maniac I just groan when I am lifting heavy weight) but nothing serious. What do you guys think? I am not used to dating and only had one girlfriend so far.

The little prince likes this.
  2. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

Attraction is not a choice, if she likes you, she likes you.. age, religions, politics are generally not going to be an issue at least to go out and have fun for a couple of nigths.

You are confident but not confident enough to approach her. It's really easy, if she is into you she is going to make it easy for you to talk to her, if not she is not going to give you the time a day. If she look at you and put herself close to you in the gym is her way to make it easy for you to talk to her. next time this happens just tell her something.. and see if she avoid you or take that opportunity to enage with you in conversation.
    Worst case scenario.. she avoid you and guess what? that's it! nobody in the history die from rejection. And you are going to be happy that you had the ball to say at least "Hi" to her.

Oliver Gunter, primaljade and Le 18 like this.
  3. primaljade

primaljade Fapstronaut

I'd say it's simple, but not easy.... particularly if you get anxiety from the idea. But there's no avoiding taking that leap if you want to get with a girl.

Le 18 likes this.
  4. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

I heard once that you don't gauge based on how a woman initially responds to you, you go by if/how the response CHANGES.

For example, a new hottie has started in your office. You walk by behind her cube, say Hi, and stop so she knows you want to engage. What you ideally want of course is for her to drop whatever she's doing, pivot 180 degrees in her chair and give you her full attention. When that happens it's an incredible feeling. But it might go more like, she says Hi back but keeps looking at her screen, you ask a question (about her) and she still doesn't turn but gives you a longer answer. You ask a follow up question and THEN she starts turning, gives you eye contact, maybe will even close out her screen or do something to indicate she's ok with you hanging around for a bit. And you take it from there. Now on the other hand if you've gotten 3 one-word answers in a row and she hasn't shifted her body position at all, she is clearly shutting you out and it's best you moved on. (Or the picture she has prominently displayed of her obvious husband/bf is a good thing to note too.) Engage, observe, calibrate, escalate (or not, depending).

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    Le 18 likes this.
  5. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

When you're young, the best thing to do is to spin plates. At your age, women close to your age will be very flighty and volatile. Do not heavily invest in them. Work on school, getting a career.

Le 18 and Rev2.0 like this.