1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Mainly read the Success Stories thread.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Focus predominantly on the Success Stories thread.
    Why? Because you approach this process (not a war, battle, fight or struggle; a process) from a positive angle.
    Plus, change your language a little, so that 'I can't stop' becomes 'I sometimes don't stop', which maybe can become 'I used to tell myself that I couldn't stop'.
    It's just a trick I'm trying on myself at the moment.
    And take up aerobic exercise, and cold showers (just the limbs at first), and do a few minutes of meditation.
    They're all pieces of the pie..

2. I focus predominantly on the Offtopic section.

3. I spend too much time in the off topic section and it's probably bad for my mental health. The last time I was in the success section I was called a hypocrite and that I twist things.

4. To be honest, I fear opening the success stories. It simply puts me in depression for not getting or feeling any little part of any of those who succeeded. I am sure there will be this time when it becomes my main thread, but maybe not now :)

5. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

I have literally never visited the success section. My view is that if you are hanging out anywhere on NoFap you are being successful. There are things I could be doing to be more successful offline, but NoFap is still a good place.

6. It can be depressing reading the success stories section you look down and their counters are at 2 days or something while in their thread of success they were saying they were like 500+ days...

i know that success doesnt depend on your counters though and no progress is lost..

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2018
  7. At least we're here and giving it a go!
    Keep going folks.

8. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

On the flip side of the coin, I can see how visiting the reset and relapse reports can be just as beneficial.

And yes this is a battle. However if you aim to win you best have a process i.e. strategy.

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

How about martial arts training (authentic) which involves character work, and perhaps anaerobic exercise or at least a little if you are inclined, and why just the limbs first?

Like just get under the water. Actually I remember my first couple I could only put certain parts of my body under the water at a time. But I washed fully under cold water, like just break it up into putting different areas of your body under the water at a time but get yourself all the way wet with cold water each shower.

Now it is like I just get under it like a normal shower.

10. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

Heck while we're at it just import the entire success stories section into this thread for tips.

11. Personally I'm not going to write a success story until I've made it at least 5 years. It's nice if you've made it a year but I'm not sure it's something to shout about. Is it really a success story if you relapse soon after sharing it?

Millenial likes this.
  12. This is a great tip! Reminds me of a good tip I heard not too long ago, in regards to how you prioritize and manage your time. Theres a man named Joshua Fields-Millburn who says that he no longer says "I dont have time for that." Instead, he says "that's not a priority for me." Which is totally true! Technically we have time for almost anything, if its important enough to us.

SirErnest likes this.
  13. Thank you for that, wise person.

14. Very solid points :)

SirErnest likes this.
  15. Or even tell yourself you will win. Why bother telling yourself the opposite?