1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Major ED has lasted several years after jelqing. Any chance this would help?

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by incelda, Jan 4, 2018.

1. incelda

incelda New Fapstronaut

A few years ago, I tried "jelqing" due to insecurity about my size. I only did it briefly, but I immediately noticed I was having difficulty with getting and keeping a hard erection. I consulted a few different doctors, one of whom conducted an ultrasound test that apparently showed no sign of permanent physical damage. Despite their insistence that nothing was wrong, I still couldn't get normal, fully hard and sustainable erections. The doctors considered this a fully psychological issue, so they wouldn't suggest any treatment outside of PDE5 inhibitors.

Recently I purchased a "vacuum device" because I noticed many urologist websites recommend these pumps for men who find the usually recommended drugs to be ineffective. I bought one with a gauge and I was careful to follow instructions I read online (staying below a certain pressure level and time limit), but it seems like using the device only made the problem even worse.

At this point, I seriously doubt I'll ever recover normal erectile function. I suspect that I might have some fibrosis/scar tissue that somehow doesn't appear in ultrasound tests. One of my few last hopes is that the doctors may have been correct that there was no major, permanent damage, and that abstaining for a long period of time might have some noticeable healing effects on the blood vessels, nerves, and soft tissue. I've been ambivalent about this idea for a long time. I've seen plenty of people recommend leaving it alone when there's any sign of injury. Yet, I've seen others say you "use it or lose it", and that disuse would lead to atrophy if there aren't nocturnal erections. But it seems impossible to get any real advice from doctors because every one that I've met has insisted that I don't even have a problem. So what do you think? Should I just give it a try and see what happens?

pump victim likes this.
  2. Hello. Not a dick doctor sry pal.

3. incelda

incelda New Fapstronaut

Yeah, I don't expect any dick doctors to be frequenting this forum. But maybe there's someone who has had a similar experience.

4. TheBends

TheBends Fapstronaut

Give it a shot, you got nothing to lose. I started Nofap because I feel like I've been injured by Jelqing year ago cause my erections changed for the worse after. I remember the sharp pain I felt on the right side of my penis during the Jelqing session, and I lost my erection immediately after. I gave it a few days rest thinking it was enough, but I noticed that my erection were different, and though it would fill up to size, it felt spongy than rigid like before. Plus, my erections would go away pretty quick, so I started to masturbate compulsively instead of just letting it heal.

I'm going to be 26 days in, and I've noticed some different sensations down there, like a wound trying to heal. The most promising thing I've experienced was on day 22 when I woke up in the middle of the night with a pretty hard erection, and it was staying; I haven't had that happen in a very long time. I freaked out a little because I didn't want to do more damage, but I remember reading once that erections during sleep is a good thing. It was also promising because it was pretty good for an erection that I didn't have to take a pill for.

I still have some time to go, and I wonder how things will be on day 90, bu so far so good. Give it a shot, I think it's worth it. My backup plan is to try the Gainswave therapy someday, so I feel pretty optimistic, but first Nofap. I also don't believe in the "use it or lose it" saying, especially since my erections were getting worse from always using it.

5. Protagoras

Protagoras Fapstronaut

Welcome. HERE are some things helping me.

6. Hi
    Glad you are here. And very welcome to join us in our journey to a healthy, fulfilling life without any self harming habits.

It's a safe place here. We all are in the same boat, so there is no single space for judgement here.
    Maybe it's a good idea to keep a journal. Sharing your struggles, thoughts and feelings may help you to understand the underlying issues.

Keep coming back and get the most effort out of nofap!
    You don't need to do it alone!

Let's go to work!

7. pump victim

pump victim Fapstronaut

How are you now?
    I have the same situation but with peins pump i am in my 32 day with some mild morning erection
    I hope it brain matter which nofap can reset it.

8. Zachiscomingback

Zachiscomingback New Fapstronaut

How are you now I have the same problem and I’m wondering if I should do the same thing.

9. Zachiscomingback

Zachiscomingback New Fapstronaut

Has yours gotten any better

pump victim likes this.
  10. Welcome @incelda. Don't worry. It can go back to normal. The best thing to do would be to abstain from any PMO for a long period, such as 90 days. This means keeping your thoughts on other things that can keep your mind on something besides PMO. There are many people on this website that cannot get a full erection, but simply because of excessive masturbation. This organ in our body was not made to be used on an everyday basis and definitely no on pictures or computer screens. Our mind controls this part of our body, so if our mind's out of shape, our reproduction organs will be out of shape. Hope this helps.

pump victim likes this.
  11. pump victim

pump victim Fapstronaut

I relaps after my 35 but i will try nofap with hard mode

12. dickproblem

dickproblem New Fapstronaut

Hello Incelda, i tried jelqing 2 years ago and my penis is already less sensitive and it's difficult for me to have an erection for a long time. Yes i'm very stupid to tried this. How are your now with this problem ?

13. I just read up to you buying the pump, dude leave your dick alone, its phycological.

All you need to do is wait to get as hard as a rock and leave your thoughts bout your penis and your penis both completely alone until then. Also try not to think of anything sexual. Trust me within no longer than 2 months you will be good as new.

Don't let your thought turn you one trust me at some point of you leave it alone its just going to happen, maybe at first it won't be fully as hard as a rock just stop thinking about whatever trigger you and avoid the situation. One day in the short future if you follow those steps you'll be as good as new.

14. HalfPumpChump

HalfPumpChump New Fapstronaut

Have the same problem here pal. Because of it, I’ve decided to do 90 days of NoFap in hopes that mah dick will heal the wounds within. Only on the first few days right now, but am really hoping I’ll see results after the first month or so. I shouldn’t have tried jelqing in the first place, but what’s done is done and all anyone with the same problem can do is leave their member alone until it completely heals. Seeing a doctor is also a good idea. Probably not right now though-