1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Make life worth living

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Steppingintotheunkown, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Steppingintotheunkown

Steppingintotheunkown Fapstronaut

Below are some things I have incorporated into my life that adds flavour and pleasure to everyday living.

1. Running
    This is an activity that really makes me feel good. I put my earbuds in get my running shoes on, stretch, then just run. I can run half marathons, I'm aiming to run a full marathon soon. The endorphins that are released naturally through running along with the dopamine release from the music is just amazing.

2. Piano
    I am practicing the piano (keyboard) for 30 minutes each day, I have learnt the chords, the notes, so I can make my own rhythms and melodies which is very relaxing and rewarding

3. Cooking
    This brings me so much joy. I put a good podcast on and just cook myself tasty plant based meals each day

4. Read from my holy book and pray each morning
    This centers me for the day ahead and reminds me of my higher power

5. Relax and chill at night
    At night time before going to sleep I make a hot herbal tea, have a tasty snack, kick back and watch Netflix. Before going to sleep I do a 13 minute sexual transmutation excersise. As I fall asleep I talk to my higher power.

Socrates said that you can't just fight bad habits, you have to replace bad habits with healthy new habits.
    I have been on nofap for a long time, I am ashamed to admit that for the longest time I have just been fighting, constantly, counting days, being obsessed with nofap, relapsing, binging. Now that I have incorporated these productive habits into my life I feel better, I feel really good. This is making nofap easier and it's making it way more enjoyable. Sadly it took the coronavirus shutdown to make me stop and rethink everything, it made me realise I was going through the motions. It was a real reset button for me.

Question, what kind of habits and lifestyle changes do you enjoy?

Akeakua likes this.
  2. Sounds like you have a good routine.

My ideal daily structure is this (I have largely failed to meet it, but in my peak NoFap days I was doing this):

1. Running - first thing in the morning, before I start to get hungry.
    2. Capoeira - there are always more acrobatics to learn, more conditioning and strength exercises to train, etc. It is the most beautiful martial art by far.
    3. Studying - few things make me prouder than being all caught up with my coursework. When I earn the prestige of a university degree in Math, I will feel like a champion.
    4. Music - can't live without it, but listening just isn't good enough. Main instruments are the Uilleann Pipes, Irish flute, and whistles.
    5. Gardening - surprisingly fun. It is very uplifting to watch your plants grow and take care of them. Pets are a bad idea - there are too many animals and not enough people to care for them. Gardening is a fantastic alternative.
    6. Cooking - like you said OP, this one is great. Mastery of taste is very rewarding. And people will like you for it.
    7. Learning Portuguese (and soon, Chinese) - it is beautiful to be able to connect with more people from around the world. Could you imagine being able to understand a billion more people than you can right now?