1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Making a point to work out regularly

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by EmptyHands-, Jun 5, 2015.

1. EmptyHands-

EmptyHands- Fapstronaut

Right now I'm keeping it simple with plans to introduce more intense workouts as I become more proficient at it. Currently I do 45mins on the elliptical, 2 sets of 25 pushups, and 2 sets of 25 situps.

Do you guys workout regularly? What's your plan look like?

2. MattRN

MattRN Fapstronaut

Have you ever seen the squat challenge? They have it for all parts of the body

Attached Files:

EmptyHands- likes this.
  3. Powerof3

Powerof3 Fapstronaut

I work out semi regularly. I usually do 30 pressups (10 diamond, 10 perfect and 10 wide arm) as a set then I'll do 30 sit ups 30 leg raises and 60 squats before I get in the shower before work I'll sometimes do more if I can manage it. I don't do that on my days off as I go boxing instead. I've been trying to get to a set of 45 pressups (15 of each type) but that is really hard but I'll get there. I'd say add squats or something just to work the legs as well. You have the right idea starting small just keep that up and gradually increase the workload and you'll be ripped in no time. The only struggle I have at the moment is eating enough so bear that in mind.

Drift and EmptyHands- like this.
  4. MattRN

MattRN Fapstronaut

Well boxing is pretty intense I'd consider that a work out.

5. Drift

Drift Fapstronaut

Nice suggestions.

When I get out of bed I do a sequence of the following:

Some brief yoga stretches (3-5 mins)

20 press ups with arms in against my sides
    20 squats
    20 v ups (combination leg lifts and crunch)
    20 of a Kind of a weird back/hip raise that's a variation on a yoga pose
    20 high knees

I then work it down in the presses by five (15,10,5) while keeping the other exercise counts the same. At the end I'll do 10 diamond press ups, 5 pull ups, and a good plank for 15/20 focused breaths.

I think my goal is to increase this to twice a day, everyday, and then increase volume and maybe add some harder variations.

Pull ups/ bar work is great if you have access to one. Planks and scissor kicks are awesome for core strength. (Both side plank and regular. Try to get to two and three point stances if you get good at them)

Anyhow, I'm trying to get back in shape, thanks for starting this thread!

6. jazzphanatic

jazzphanatic Fapstronaut

Hey MattRN, are you doing the squat challenge? If so, how do you like it?

MattRN likes this.
  7. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

What if you do MMA regularly but can't lift weights regularly because of the gym's hours?

8. atmatm23

atmatm23 Fapstronaut

Work out about 3-4 times a week. Every day I focus on one of the three main lifts (bench, squat, deadlift) with a few accessory exercises following. I find it does help release a lot of built up energy. The hardest day to not PMO for me is leg day. Working legs increases your testosterone and after a heavy leg session its heard to resist. Other than that keep working out and keep fighting!

9. MattRN

MattRN Fapstronaut

I did do the squat challenge.
    I have been going to Crossfit and do enough squats with weight so I stopped it.
    I am considering doing the ab challenge again to get ready for summer.