1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Man boobs

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Believer10, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Sorry to burst your bubble, the world does not revolve around you. I was merely trying to answer the question of OP.
    I prooved your claim wrong and presented actual reasons for man boobs.

I know what you are trying to do, but please keep your dogwhistles somewhere else.

It's true, check a couple posts above yours, I linked some peer-reviewed studies.

2. Red Eagle

Red Eagle Fapstronaut

Most animals that are raised for meat get hormones. It's not far fetched that we can take in those hormones buy consuming the flesh of those animals.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Lmao dude this is the funniest scene in any Star Wars movie and one of the best I’ve seen all time. His face after drinking it is just like “yeah that’s fuckin right.” And the creature’s expression is like he just enjoyed it. It had me in tears laughing both times I saw it.

4. 5speed

5speed Fapstronaut

Amen to that, leave some of that fat and sweat in the gym for an 1h a day few times a week and you will experience a lot of positive things in your life. Example, being able to wear a tight polo shirt in summer without looking like a slob.

5. ClaudeDuval

ClaudeDuval Fapstronaut

I'll answer this correctly. First you need to diagnose yourself to see if it is an actual case of gynecomastia or pseudo gynecomastia aka high bodyfat % causing the appearance of gynecomastia when it's actually just fat tissue that can be cured through diet. Actual Gynecomastia is hard glandular breast tissue right under the nipple, this is caused by the aromatase enzymes converting testosterone to estrogen. A simple test would be to pinch the nipple and if you feel a hard dime or quarter sized lump, it's probably actual gynecomastia. Sometimes it's pubertal gynecomastia and it just never goes away like most young boys. If it barely started to develop, I would seek some aromatase inhibitors like Aromasin, Arimidex, or letrozole(OTC crap like Arimistane will not be powerful enough, nor will any herbal remedies). If it's been there a while, there is no other choice but to seek help from a plastic surgeon. They will make a small incision under the nipple and excise the glands completely so it can never grow back, sometimes they will lipo the chest for contouring and you'll have to wear a compression vest for about a week(extremely uncomfortable). Now, when choosing a plastic surgeon for this surgery be sure to look for a board certified plastic surgeon(you don't want to cheap out on something like this, a botched procedure can look just as bad as the gyno itself, you don't want an inverted nipple). This procedure is about $3500 total and no, insurance will not pay for it as it's considered a "cosmetic procedure". Good luck ;) Hope this helped

6. Fix_It_Mate

Fix_It_Mate Fapstronaut

I need help! I have these stupid man tits (had them since about age 11, now 20) and a small gut. I tried your diagnostic and I don't seem to have any hard lumps but I don't know if I did it correctly.

But I don't actually weigh a lot. I'm 176cm tall and a whopping 65-66 kilograms at the moment, which, on a superficial level at least, hardly screams "fat".

If I keep doing heaps of cardio and limit my calorie intake, will they eventually go away provided they are just excess fat and not gynecomastia? If I can get rid of the stomach fat but the man boobs persist, should I then consider surgery? If not, what else should I do?

I don't necessarily mind doing cardio since it has reduced my stomach size a little bit at the very least and helps my mood, but I don't really want to flog myself for little return in the man boob department.

7. VirilitySupreme

VirilitySupreme Fapstronaut

Man Boobs are either caused by excess body fat or gynecomastia.

Masturbation could cause and even exacerbate Man Boobs in men that have a hormonal inbalance to begin with.

Excess Estrogen has been linked to Man Boobs. On the other hand, Estrogen has also been linked to heavy Prolactin levels.

Constantly masturbating will raise your Prolactin which will increase your Estrogen in the process (and therefore increase fat deposits on your whole body).

You get rid of Man Boobs by losing body fat and increasing your Testosterone.

Losing body fat will decrease your Estrogen and raising your Testosterone will make it easier for your to stay leaner.

It is very hard to fix this Testosterone/Estrogen ratio, but it can be done if you know what you're doing.

8. ClaudeDuval

ClaudeDuval Fapstronaut

Greetings, FixIt. Try grabbing more than just the nipple, grab a bit more and see if there are hard lumps. It also helps to put your left hand on your hip and flex your pec and then use the right hand to examine yourself and vice versa(this flexes the pec and makes it easier to feel any lumps). Gyno also causes the nipples to be slightly puffy. Dieting could definitely help, it will help get rid of any excess fat on the chest and it will help decrease estrogen(fat cells produce estrogen). If you have had this since you were young, it definitely could be pubertal gynecomastia. There are drug protocols for decreasing gyno but usually if it's been there a while it's hard to get rid of with AI drugs like letrozole.

9. Fix_It_Mate

Fix_It_Mate Fapstronaut

I tried again. It feels a little bit hard and cylindrical under the nipples, but not dime to quarter diameter. My nipples are quite inverted and hence don't stick out that much, so it feels like I'm just pinching the rest of the nipple. Between that and the pectoral, all I can feel is flappy/fatty skin and what I'd assume to be the milk duct? And since they're quite inverted, the nipples don't look particularly puffy.

If I remember correctly, I did start to "pork up" a bit around age 11, so they could just be some unflattering fat.

I'll keep doing cardio and eat a bit healthier and see what happens. They aren't super huge and I can't really see them when I wear a suit/shirt, but they are somewhat visible under my t-shirts. It would just be nice to be able to go to the beach/pool without feeling insecure and finally get rid of a source of teasing from my adolescence. And I really can't see myself dating before they're gone.

10. Idk bc I only measure in pounds like we supposed to

Runtilmylegsdropoff likes this.
  11. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

As far as I've heard and read, masturbation does not cause gynecomastia. Though they sometimes develop during puberty, and puberty is when most boys start masturbating, there is no causal link between the two - it's a false attribution error. It can be caused by a hormonal imbalance, or a hormonal imbalance caused by medication.

Weight is by far the largest cause of having larger breasts in men. The easiest solution then, (barring other medical conditions which cause it) is weight loss.

12. Its a viscious cycle

Knighthawk likes this.