1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Married guys in recovery

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. MNWinter

MNWinter Fapstronaut

Hi there I was on here a while back and migrated to Discord and AP's, but I wanted to connect with folks again on here.

Well this morning my wife called a meeting to express that she wants another full disclosure by this coming Tuesday during our marriage counseling sessions. I flat out told her no it's not time we need to see our Sex Addiction Counselor and do a lot of work before something like that is safe for me to proceed. I also told her that my conscience is clear in my sobriety: I have a strong network of support between groups, AP's, and therapists. I am a work in progress, but the recovery is working. We have a lot of broken trust, and broken emotions. I am finding myself in this predicament because I made a decision a year ago that my wife was no longer a safe person for disclosures of my recovery journey, and I never told her about that decision.

Are there other married guys on here that would like to connect about marital issues within recovery? I covet your prayers as my wife and I seek help with mediated sessions to work out our differences with regard to disclosure.

Wantinboi8111, newtry and Tao Jones like this.
  2. Welcome back. You can DM me if you want to talk.

MNWinter likes this.
  3. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

That sounds like a very complicated situation. I do not know how she feels, since I am not married, but I wish you that your relationship with her improves, and that trust recovers