1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Martial Arts

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Amphibian, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Amphibian

Amphibian Fapstronaut

Hey all, was wondering if any of you practice any martial arts.

I signed up for jiujitsu a while back, but never got into it consistently. Making a point to get that going in the upcoming month. Would love to incorporate some boxing in with it too.

Anyway, would love to hear what anyone else does or is interested in

statego likes this.
  2. I did krav maga for a while, but moved and no one teaching it where I am...interesting stuff though. Knife, gun, machete and even sword training..we did savate half the class and sometimes intermingled it with the krav. I highly recommend krav maga man, it's hard to get tired of it. Make sure u have a good teacher that has background to back his teaching. A lot of phoney's around. I'm getting into Boxing here as well, all the kickboxing and Taekwondo classes are all old women trying to loss weight and kids here lol. Age demographic here messed up...everyone gets the hell out of here after high school so your everyones 15 or 50 and up and retired. So fkn hard being single man. Less distractions I suppose.

3. TruChange

TruChange Fapstronaut

Yeah man. I competed in Kickboxing for years and now I'm training in Brazilian Ju Jitsu 4 times per week.

It's a great way to make friends and build your social circle. Also, I attribute my current streak to getting back to training.

Also, it doesn't really matter what discipline you choose. What's important is that you enjoy it. If you enjoy it you'll stick with it.

If you stick with it, you'll get good.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Think and grow rich.. . that's a good book, reading it the second time right now... Sexual Transmission chapter 11 that's huge on success man.

5. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

I gotta get back into training. I used to belong to a Boxing/Muay Thai gym and I need to get back.

6. Amphibian

Amphibian Fapstronaut

Yeah, good for you. I'm in San Diego; lot's of those type gyms here.

Kinda had this notion in my head to quit PMO until I get my blue belt. No PMO till I turn blue?

Yeah there's no way, I like hooking up too much :p

7. Yes. Chinese.

8. Amphibian

Amphibian Fapstronaut

That's really cool! I would love to know more. I don't know anything much about Chinese martial arts. very fascinating though.

9. Well the 3 main ones are Kung fu, qi gong, and tai ji quan (or tai chi as watered down in the West). I train those.

Deleted Account and Amphibian like this.
  10. Amphibian

Amphibian Fapstronaut

I read a book many years ago on the internal arts. I think I was around 20 at the time. It was an interesting perspective

11. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

guys which type of fighting sport is best for street fight(defense)

12. TruChange

TruChange Fapstronaut

Can you give a little more information? Do you just want to defend yourself in case of an attack?

Without knowing a little more, it's tough to say. But maybe either self defense classes, boxing, or Muy Thai.

Amphibian likes this.
  13. Amphibian

Amphibian Fapstronaut

agreed.

BJJ is always good too

14. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

well i am speaking of general fight....where there is no rule......and i have face bullies a number of times.......so just in case of self defense