1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Masturbation is indeed harmful

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Sakhi, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Sakhi

Sakhi Fapstronaut

Guys after years of masturbation i believe and experienced all the so called harmful affects of it. Im 27 but look older than my age. Im over weight, I have had so much hairloss, I have a weak immunity system, I have calcium deficiency, my bones and teeth are weak,, etc. i have masturbated for 4 or 5 times a week for the last ten years. That is the truth. Now I dont believe how the doctors and medical sites claim it to be healthy. Im so disapointed..

2. skykid369

skykid369 Fapstronaut

you were a blind sheep who followed whatever the doctors say. Its better to listen to people's and your own experience than some so called expert. Millions of other people have been misguided just like you, and they still are... bluepilled sheep

Break every Chain likes this.
  3. black_coyote

black_coyote Fapstronaut

I can relate. The claims made by medical community was confusing for me as well. But my personal experience and experimentation no doubt made it clear that PMO addiction can really deplete our health. I believe in my experience. And I'm convinced that PMO is indeed harmful for me. This is my truth.

Many of my friends disagree and claim it is healthy to PMO. Maybe it is true for them. But for me, my truth is that this crap is deeply deeply unhealthy and it has the potential to ruin relationships as well.

But I see your counter as 500 days plus, is that a mistake or you made it past 500 days and still experiencing trouble?

For me, after about 6 months clean, my vitality increased- my hairloss decresed, skin and muscle tone improved a lot, pimples were gone, posture improved, immunity and memory improved a lot.

I was working out and physically active during addict days, yet I suffered hairloss, posture issues, weakness, low health, attention problem, memory issues...I attribute this to addiction.

I'm 26 now and I am more healthy and strong than my 21 year old self. Hell! I have better hairline and skin tone than my 21 year old self!

So sakhi, its not too late, redemption is possible! Just end this addiction, build a productive lifestyle and I promise you that your vitality will improve, and your body will heal itself. It is a matter of time.

Take care

4. Retentionman

Retentionman Fapstronaut

Lets reverse it brother, you know how to

black_coyote and Sakhi like this.
  5. Sakhi

Sakhi Fapstronaut

Thanks for your comment man. Well in case of my counter, I should say that I always forget to reset it. I havent been able to go clean more than a week since I joined nofap bro. Now its been almost more than a year that nofap cannot be opened without a vpn in my country l. I dont know why. Last night I installed vpn on my device and opened the site after a long time.

black_coyote likes this.
  6. black_coyote

black_coyote Fapstronaut

Okay. Keeping a journal and staying in touch with the community can help.

I wish you redemption! Just cut this habit for good! Cheers!

7. Retentionman

Retentionman Fapstronaut

Bro how do you get the "my journal" shortcut below your avatar ?

8. black_coyote

black_coyote Fapstronaut

Click on your profile -> Personal Details-> Journal (you can paste the link of your journal thread there)

Hope this helps. Let me know in case of any difficulty

Retentionman likes this.
  9. Retentionman

Retentionman Fapstronaut

Thanks a lot brother

black_coyote likes this.

10. Well it says your 500+ days in. Congratulations on that if its true. :)

I actually believe to a point that I'm feeling the effects also. I have a stomach that isn't going away actually and it does irritate me. The facts are I'm doing the exorcising, but nothing is happening. I'm believing it is a low Libido or Testosterone problem? I'm not entirely sure about this. Although to my inner mind thinks it's Masturbation.

11. Doctors have said "Junk Food Causes All Sorts Of Problems" yet people still keep hogging it on a daily basis. When doctors say masturbation is healthy and normal, they don't mean to imply that doing it 5 times a day is anything normal or healthy. Also how good your nutritional and physical activity levels have been over these 10 years also contribute a lot.

In my experience, people who are addicted to masturbating 4-5 times everyday, have crap lifestyle choices. All these issues multiply each other's side effects and you end up getting ruined in long run.

-J29

12. odnt

odnt Fapstronaut

I am 57 and have been addicted to masturbating for 45 years. My conclusion is…..yes it really skews you emotionally and socially. It may not screw you physically, e.g. your manhood is taking a real hammering (16,000 times at least for me), but it can take it. The damage is more to your whole being. It stunts emotional connection and physical sex with the other sex. It wastes time. I’ve wasted at least 166 working days through masturbation. That’s about 5 months where I could have learnt another language, or learnt the piano. Coming on here and writing this really helps me to become a changed man, which I am doing through Nofap. I am becoming more self-aware of what I have become. I am putting into action strategies to change my life, with some success. I am inspired by luckydog, his posts are so helpful.I will not become a dirty old man, looking at women and then going home and abusing myself. Do you want to be that man when you are older?

Diet, exercise, changing my automatic sexual thoughts when in public, keeping busy, no PMO, minimising MO ( to cut out entirely eventually), support on this website from others, all these things I am tackling and engaging in.

You can fix a lot about yourself without focussing entirely on avoiding M. For example, a pot belly? Change your diet and exercise. Stopping M will not change your belly size, diet and exercise will. But avoiding M is part of the overall fix to lead a healthy and productive life, and to respect yourself and other people more. By not M over women you are saying, ‘I respect you as a person and I am not objectifying you. ‘You are someone’s sister, other, daughter, niece, friend, loved one, and I will not use your body for my sexual gratification’ ( reverse sexes if you are gay).

13. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

I think you should reread his post. He wrote 4-5 times a WEEK not per day.

14. He also said hairloss, mineral deficiencies and immune system weakness. Signs of a crap lifestyle and nutritional habits.

-J29

15. Redemptionisrequired

You seem to have an issue with actually reading members posts.

No where did I address hair loss, mineral deficiencies and immune system weakness. I was pointing out that he mentions 4-5 times a week, not 4-5 times a day. And in response to your previous post, in a doctors eye, would be considered healthy.

To address your current point, of course a bad lifestyle and poor nutritional habits can and will lead to everything you mentioned, i'm not disagreeing with what you said.

Cheers!

16. Look at it again mister. I said "He said" and not "You said".

I think you should take a look in the mirror.

Yep. That's what I was trying to convey. People think masturbation causes all these, and then when they quit it, but not treat all the underlying issues, they think nofap doesn't do much. Human body is a complex machine, and to fine tune it, one needs to look at many different parts (your nutrition, your sleep schedule, your hormone profile, genetic predispositions etc).

Cheers.
    -J29

17. Redemptionisrequired

Seems misunderstanding in my wording is part of the problem. There’s no need to be snide friend, I didn’t say you said that “I” made those claims. I said that I did not address that specific claim in my post. Which renders your initial response to my message irrelevant. That is all, no need for a mirror for any of us.

And as per the last part of your reply. You are correct and masturbation can impair the system further, especially when someone has a poor lifestyle as you mentioned. I believe nofap can be a catalyst to propel you forward to change your life. There is power in semen retention, but none if you sit at home counting days doing nothing else.

Enjoy your Monday!
    Cheers

J29 likes this.
  18. No worries, we both are human. :)
    I apologise if I sounded a bit angry, internet can get to you at times. The fault is mine too.

Have a nice week. :)
    -J29

Redemptionisrequired and again like this.
  19. wangkaiquan

wangkaiquan Fapstronaut

When heroin was first invented, scientists also said it was harmless, and masturbation can cause POIS