1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Masturbation & Sleep Duration?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Nibius, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Nibius

Nibius Fapstronaut

Hello guys, repeatedly have I noticed that abstinence from masturbation after week or two leads to shorter sleep cycles. Do you experience the same thing? Instead of 9.5 - 10 hours i regularly sleep 8 hours and even wake-up without alarm. Sometimes in less than 8 hours. And i feel perfectly fine.

I was wondering.. Is there any scientific explanation for this? The main issue is dopamine circuit perhaps. It gets some rest when you abstine, however i see no link between dopamine circuit and sleep duration. Maybe it is connected to the increased absorbtion of testosterone by mechanism of de-regulation of androgen receptors due to abstinence? Maybe more testosterone absorption = more testosterone = less sleep.

What are your thoughts, experiences guys?
    And do you actually think this effect is only short-term and that over time you will return to your old sleep duration?

Toni7 likes this.
  2. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

I would say only that is good thing that you don't need more then 9.5h to sleep after you abstinence and is bad when you have to sleep more than that.
    Maybe you consume energy by doing M.
    Thats why athletes and others do not do that or anything related when thay something to prepar for.

Theto likes this.