1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Masturbation sucks the life outta me.

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by John Msun, May 25, 2017.

1. John Msun

John Msun Fapstronaut

Hi guys the last time I went on energetic in life was about six months ago and ever since I've kinda fell in and outta masturbation and I've lost the will to get on in life. I knew what I was doing wrong and it killed me that I was sabotaging myself,maybe it's cause I was doing it alone. And now I feel its time I shared how I feel with people in the same boat as I am and seek support either than rely on me. So for the past few weeks I've been masturbating more and more and it got me to the point whereby I'm so lazy to even pick up my phone.

D . J . likes this.
  2. immortal5

immortal5 Guest

Thats what masturbation does to you, the seed is considered the life force for a reason and its very common to feel lethargy straight after an ejaculation. Its time to start accounting for your addiction and start moving in the right direction. Good luck bro.

Runtilmylegsdropoff likes this.
  3. John Msun

John Msun Fapstronaut

Thanks bro and I'm gonna make it work. I'm planning on keeping a journal going forward to keep me in check.

immortal5 likes this.
  4. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and sometimes challenge you but not judge you.

The enemy is here to steal, kill and destroy. What are your current strategies for combating the enemy called (P)MO?

5. John Msun

John Msun Fapstronaut

At the moment I'm using exercise to get by and so far its taking my mind off of P MO and its refreshing. On my first attempt I failed cause I was idle most of the time.

6. VagueUnicorn

VagueUnicorn Fapstronaut

Set a new goal in your life or make yourself diverted with other activities such sports or going to gym, reach out with your friend have a social life don't let yourself get cornered in masturbating all the time. get yourself busy bro but not busy pumping

7. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

8. John Msun

John Msun Fapstronaut

@VagueUnicorn thanks man I'll keep those in mind and I've got my goals set up part of why I'm here I'm at a point whereby I should be out more and I can't cause I'm really anxious. Now I'm a bit confident and I'm gaining momentum on the daily. I realise that the addiction you fight with every second of the day.

@D .J . Thanks for the list its helpful and I'll take every tip of it and put it to good use

VagueUnicorn likes this.
  9. facingthetruth

facingthetruth New Fapstronaut

Im new too need to know the best tricks for getting my libido up again

10. John Msun

John Msun Fapstronaut

Hi facingthetruth please check out the link above on D .J .s post

11. Hi @John Msun , welcome to NoFap

It
    is a big step if you can understand what is triggering your urges, because this will allow you to be awake and kill those urges as soon as they appear.

I recommend you to create your own "Emergency Toolbox" with readings that can be handy to read when you start feeling urges to screw up.
    I can share this post with you with my own Emergency Toolbox, it helped me a lot during the first few months, i had them in my cell and read them every time I started falling down:

https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.p...y-first-320-days-of-reboot.62938/#post-473978

I wrote some tips in this post that perhaps will help you too:

http://NoFap.com/forum/index.php?threads/tips-that-helped-me-to-start-my-reboot.46617/#post-330318
    You can watch some interesting videos which are also very helpful in this post:
    http://nofap.com/forum/index.php?th...t-help-me-a-lot-during-my-reboot.39774/page-2

I also suggest you to read "Breaking the Cycle" by George Collins, it is a must-read if you are serious about getting rid of this addiction.
    To get more focus and feel happier with life I recommend you to start doing meditation.. I have been using an App called Headspace for the last two months which is great if you have never meditated before. The first 10 sessions are free if you want to give a try. I used to feel a bit depressed or feeling without energy to start new projects in my life, and meditation has helped me a lot with this.

Last but not least, I would strongly recommend you to take the NoFap Academy course if you can afford it. The course is great but the best value are the weekly video calls with @alexander (the creator of NoFap and NoFap Academy) and Mark Queppet, where you can chat with them in real life and listen to other guys's stories and problems too.

I hope that all this helps you to fight this shitty addiction.
    Let's keep on fighting

Fercho

12. VagueUnicorn

VagueUnicorn Fapstronaut

No problem John it is a fight of focus and commitment most likely mental fight. So stay focus on your goals. Goodluck dude

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  13. John Msun

John Msun Fapstronaut

Thanks for all the tips @fercho29 they really helpful and will come in handy from time to time.

@VagueUnicorn the last time I relapsed it was when I was weak mentally and I tried fighting it alone in my head and I lost that battle

fercho29 likes this.
  14. John Msun

John Msun Fapstronaut

Checking in and the journey so far has been going really good up to so far

D . J . likes this.