1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Maybe Diabetes is a little more complex than just blood sugar...

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Ajar, Nov 26, 2019.

What differentiates carb loading, from fat loading? When does the glycogen produc. stop?

1. It turns to fat - please explain

2. Does not turn to fat - please explain

3. I am just as curious as you are cowboy.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ajar

Ajar Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

We have previously shown that exposure to high concentrations of glucose does not cause inflammation in human vascular cells unless the cells are primed with an inflammatory stimulus such as interleukin (IL)1β or tumour necrosis factor (TNF)α [6, 7]. This led us to conclude that a background inflammatory condition is necessary for the elevation of extracellular glucose to become deleterious in the vasculature, which can explain why glycaemic control alone is not sufficient to avoid diabetic vascular damage.

Link: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/10408398.2013.792772

So I think, its saying if you don't have any kind of elevated inflammatory markers such as ILB or TNF-Alpha, pure glucose may actually be useful in keep energy levels up, without causing things like insulin resistance(T2DB) or CVD. I was thinking maybe, that what if the mitochondria were breaking down due to Fructose consumption? I mean fructose is a toxin to the liver which already causes huge amounts of oxidative stress. What if eliminating it could actually benefit mitochondrial efficiency?