1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Me and my sister had an argument didn't talk for a few days.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by helpmefromaddiction, Jan 10, 2019.

1. helpmefromaddiction

helpmefromaddiction Fapstronaut

It all started when I was popping on the salmon on the fry saucepan. I was asking what her new years resolution were. She told me that i should do something for the house like doing house chores and as soon i was done frying the vegetables and salmon we sat down at the table had a chat or now an argument. As soon as she said that i hardly refuse and had to bite back and told her that everyone does house chores its a part of life .I need real goals like to save up, gain weight, get a girlfriend, go out more, make new friends , get my drivers license, these were my thoughts right. And she started saying that you don't have to listen to other people because of what they were doing. In my mind they were changing there lives to become develop and become a better person than what they were last year. Meanwhile i think to myself that i may be the same person for the rest of my life. Gaunt, skinny with no real goals hobbies talent and a passion to follow anymore i decided to gave up awhile ago. She then told me that you only do house chores because i keep reminding you constantly to do house chores and this is because i play on my console in the morning and it doesn't help get shit done and now that im here its more than just a hassle and needed to be taken seriously. And this conversation led to the other like saving up money to provide for my family and clearing that mortgage that shes been telling me to help her financially. Me and my older sister depend on each other and support each other and because of my actions i became very selfish and self obsessed with myself and what i want for me and its hard really hard. So my question for you guys out there, How can you change your life with the goals on written on paper or somewhere without being too selfish?
    Thanks for reading my long post and it really needed to be address and and i think im going to apologise to my sister sooner or later , thanks again also for reading my post in advance.

Atlanticus likes this.
  2. Atlanticus

Atlanticus Moderator Assistant
    NoFap Defender

IMO, selfishness is not healthy and combined with PMO it's a down right toxic downward spiral (for you and others.) I think we should combine a reboot with pursuing things outside ourselves -- like making other people feel good -- or larger than ourselves, like achieving something. In the process, ironically perhaps, we'll feel better about ourselves, we'll be more energetic, we'll connect to others better, we'll have more meaningful relationships, etc.

All this navel staring is not healthy.

Yea, apologize. She seems to care...

Peace!

helpmefromaddiction likes this.
  3. topjobm8two

topjobm8two Fapstronaut

It's OK for you to focus on your own goals and development.

After all, being a better person, more able to reach your goals will make you a better brother.

You're actually talking about a value here.

Write a vision of your life here. Just for fun. Then list one or two things you can do right now to work towards that, and do it!

Afterwards, list a few values, like helping the family, contribution to my community etc. Then write out how you can achieve them.

Keep your goals smart. Look up 'smart goals'.

Be kind to your sister and help out around the house more. Asked her what she wants and be proactive. She's clearly frustrated as she may think you're. OT pulling your weight.

Gl