1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Medical graduate from Mexico please share your opinion

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Oziel, May 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Oziel

Oziel Fapstronaut

Hello people i will try to introduce myself briefly. My mother language is Spanish sorry.
    I was PMO addict since 12 yr old especially Masturbation. No luck with girls also.
    I am 26 year old and finished medical school 2 yr ago, I didn't know what to do with my life back then i was kinda confused and full of anxieties, watched lots of TV , feared the real World and Job responsibilities. so I took advice from a relative who is a doctor also ,on taking the STEPS exams for. Entering into a medical speciAlty within The United States ,but my main goal was Money, I didn't tough about my specialty selection and what i liked the most :(, an so i did, i took the first exam last year and now i am about to take the second.
    last year was hard because i suffered of anxiety and Obsessive disorder, I was visiting a psychologist but I felt that my progress was quiet slow, It was until I found a forum talking about Nofap and the video from TED talk explaining PMO as a source of multiple psychological disorders, I gave it a try, I've been into Nofap for 3months with 2 relapses, my actual streak is 30 days,also practice meditation, cold shower, and exercise and I've seen tons of progress my daily anxiety and obsession is now about 10%of what it used to be, I am more relaxed around women,
    about my career I started talking with my professors from the medical specialties I remember I liked, like Pathology and Radiology I plan to take rotations in such specialties and see which i enjoy the most,

and THE MOST IMPORTANT for now and in which I ask for your REPLIES!!!:
    i feel kind of CONFUSED because I see from a different perspective my future specialty choice, i feel that i missed a lot of opportunities to discover these specialties during medical school due to social anxiety and wasting of opportunities . And I know this also has to do with brain rewiring and new Dopamine receptor, I see future in a different and objective way.

I KNOW THIS IS MY SECOND CHANCE IN LIFE! !!!

DO YOU THINK IS NORMAL TO FEEL KIND OF CONFUSED NOW THAT I AM TRYING TO FIND MY PURPOSE IN LIFE REGARDING MY SPECIALTY SELECTION? o_O I really want to go back to the hospital to those areas but my professor told me to only keep up with the preparation for my second exam which is in 2 months and then do the rotations. ... I KNOW I WILL FIND MY PURPOSE IN LIFE!!!
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR READING, I hope everyone meet your goals in life! !!!:)

2. Hey @Oziel ,

Read your introduction. A bit late, but thank you for it.

L

3. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome @Oziel, I'm sorry I didn't say hello sooner. Let me know if I can help.