1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

MEN: PLEASE STAY VIRGINS!

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Hammond Egger, Jul 7, 2021.

1. BenSarek

BenSarek Fapstronaut

Ok read a few posts. This thread is full of trolls!!!!

AuwL0ng likes this.
  2. Most definitely, because idk what's going on in this thread.

3. Hammond Egger

Hammond Egger Fapstronaut

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
    ARGENTO50 likes this.
  4. regin123

regin123 Fapstronaut

Nice post would like to see more men virgin in their adulthood

Coak Hakola likes this.
  5. rj6457

rj6457 Fapstronaut

I am going to be celibate for the rest of my life. I have been doing hard mode for the 71 days and let me tell you there is no feeling like it and I won’t give it up. I feel better than I have ever in my life. The improvements that I have had in my life these past 71 days are incredible and life is so much better without sex and PMO. I’m single so I don’t have to worry about pleasing somebody else and celibacy is the way I am going.

Coak Hakola likes this.
  6. That's a huge decision to make. I'm not on that point and don't think I'll ever be. I'm glad for your experience although I can't relate.

ermia likes this.
  7. What garbage is this?

8. Hammond Egger

You and I both brother. I agree, doing nofap and semen retention feels absolutely incredible. Why in the world would we want to give that up? We all know how we feel after ejaculating. You feel good for a couple of seconds but the quick high leads to days and even weeks of misery. It's actually demonstrated through scientific research as well, so it's not bro science. Ejaculating causes prolactin to shoot up, which as a result lowers dopamine. This is bad. Low dopamine leads to feeling depressed, agitated, unmotivated, stressed, lonely and sad. And this can happen for up to 2 weeks after 1 ejaculation!

Check this thread out, I talk more about this and I linked the article to back up the claims I made.

https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?threads/why-you-should-stop-ejaculating.319071/

rj6457 likes this.
  9. Hammond Egger

Hello boys, I got a private message from a user on here and I wanted to share it with you all. I absolutely loved what he wrote and I asked him if I could share it here. I hope what he says motivates you as much as it motivated me! Here's what he wrote:

"Hi how are you? I have read everything published on the topic: Men stay virgins!
    I couldn't agree more, I have lost my virginity as a young boy and from then on I became addicted to sex. I have been married 3 times, I had children, and you know what? If I could turn back time I would absolutely choose to keep my virginity. Sex addiction in my case, made me only have sex without caring about anything other than the fact of having sex, only that. This includes sex with other people and compulsively masturbating every day of my life. Time has passed and I have realized that I have not really enjoyed all that. Analyzing and looking back I realized that not only have I not enjoyed my addiction to masturbation and sex with others, but I have also felt horrible when I had orgasms, every time I have ejaculated I have felt terrible, and I can say that ejaculating is horrible for me and I feel horrible after doing it every time. It may seem strange to you, but for me, ejaculating is one of the worst things there is. It is my fervent wish never to do it again, but unfortunately I have relapses, until 9 days ago, I was 70 days without masturbating or ejaculating. How I would like to be a virgin again!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this and sorry if my message was too long. Greetings."

rj6457 likes this.
  10. My thought as well...

IR254 likes this.
  11. rj6457

rj6457 Fapstronaut

I know it’s not for everybody but it’s an easy decision for me. I’ve been divorced for well over 20+ years and I have found that I am much happier when I am by myself. I just decided to quit my addiction to PMO and I have re-ignited my faith and prayer life. When I am practicing abstinence I just feel so much better about myself and I am so much happier.

AuwL0ng and Coak Hakola like this.
  12. rj6457

rj6457 Fapstronaut

This is really a great thread and thank you for starting it. Another thing that I like is just not having to worry about it anymore. The longer I go on the more it is becoming a distant thought and I am focusing on other things in my life that I have neglected over all these years of addiction. I feel I am becoming a different person more and more each day and I like the person that I am becoming way more than the person I was. I am treating people better and being treated better by other people. I never liked that veil of shame that you always had to wear with this addiction. If people realized the physical damage that constant masturbation and ejaculation do to your body physically they would be mortified. It does damage to your kidneys and that’s why you see all of these prostrate problems that they’re selling drugs for on TV all the time. I have noticed that my prostrate is healing more and more each day I go on. I will definitely look into that other thread that you posted. Looking forward to it brother

ermia and The Evangelist like this.
  13. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

Great post ! And, of course, none of us would even be here if it wasn’t for sex. It’s all about our intent. If you make Love you’re on the road to freedom . If you make lust you aren’t. If we deny our God-given sexual energy then it makes things all the more difficult.

14. SethLCU

SethLCU Fapstronaut

From my understanding nothing in your study state that ejaculating reduces testosterone by increasing prolactin, if anything there are many studies (such as this one :https://link.springer.com/article/10.1631/jzus.2003.0236) that show that sexual activity in itself increase testosterone level; The feeling of depression/sadness following an ejaculation should not last longer that the refractory period which even for old men doesn't go longer than 24h while the youngest can be up in a matter of seconds, if it last longer you likely have some issue psychological or otherwise. Your study stated that "So the happy feelings impulsed by orgasm are carried along by prolactin" which continue to be released for up to two weeks so clearly there are some benefits here. If reproduction was so damaging to humans then they should have evolved in such a way as to have a much longer refractory period and much lower sex drive as well instead of being one of the most sexually active species on earth as well as having females that are sexually receptive all the year. Even if that were not the case all you would then have to do is have as much sex as possible but just refrain from ejaculation which should give you a much higher testosterone/dopamine level than the average guy.
    Abstinence is good for some people and not for others, there is no need to say that only people who refrain from sex are "REAL MEN" as they(non abstinent) make up the majority of men and have made the world you live in.
    There are also some studies that suggest that an active and healthy sex life closely correlate with longer lifespan, i may post them later on.

Edit : Here is the conclusion of the study for anyone who don't want to bother reading it "Dopamine dips from its orgasmic high and prolactin and androgen step in to produce feelings of satiety, pleasantness, and to make us want to take a break.At least for a while".

15. Hammond Egger

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16095799/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11760788/

https://sites.tufts.edu/emotiononth...oital-neurochemistry-the-blues-and-the-highs/

Well these studies say otherwise. We can do this all day. This study says this, this study says that. Bla bla bla, but I really can care less. All I know is that semen retention makes ME feel 100x better, more masculine, more energized, happier, more confident, more peaceful, less needy, less anxious and depressed, less stressed, more courageous, more assertive etc. When I ejaculate, I feel horrible and it continues for weeks on end. So I don't believe the studies I linked because I pick and choose what I want to believe. I believe they are the truth because they have backed my EXPERIENCE. And nobody can tell me what I experienced is delusional or false.

16. Hammond Egger

Wait a second, the study you linked validates my claims LOL. It says testosterone peaked after 7 days of ABSTINENCE! Thank you for giving me another study to back up the benefits of semen retention!

The Pennsylvanian likes this.
  17. SethLCU

SethLCU Fapstronaut

i edited my answer and the studies you posted do not contradict with my post.

18. SethLCU

SethLCU Fapstronaut

Said peak is induced by orgasm tough and there is no increase after 7 days.

19. Hammond Egger

No, it doesn't say the peak is induced by orgasm. Here's what the study claims:

"On the 7th day of abstinence, however, a clear peak of serum testosterone appeared, reaching 145.7% of the baseline (P<0.01)."

So testosterone increased when the volunteers did not orgasm for 7 days. Once again, YOUR study shows the power of SR.

The Pennsylvanian likes this.
  20. Hammond Egger

Yes they do. The first study demonstrates that prolactin increases 400% more during sex than masturbation. You claimed:

The second study claims that volunteers experienced higher testosterone levels after 3 weeks of abstinence, and again, you claimed that sexual activity increases testosterone.

Finally, the third study says that ejaculation causes prolactin to surge, and lowers dopamine for up to 2 weeks after the ejaculation. You denied that as well.