1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Mental barriers

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by vik17, Mar 28, 2015.

1. vik17

vik17 Fapstronaut

I was reading articles online where I found some info that had some correlation in my life. It mentioned that we all place some mental barriers whenever we have to become productive. The main reason for creating those mental roadblocks os fear. Look up the science behind comfort zone if you want a more detailed explanation.

How to move through those barriers that deter us from achieving our goals?

Well the answer is: identify those barriers and recognise their existence. Accept that all your excuses( I cannot do this, this cannot be done, etc...) are unjustified. Secondly, do what you have to do no matter how fearful you may feel.
    It's like a rollercoaster, before getting on one, you are completely scared. But, as soon as you have embarked aboard it, you feel excited.
    Remember that failure may be an outcome of any risk that you take by getting through your fear. Still, don't evade failure which infact is filled with lessons crucial to contributing to our eventual success.

Good luck. Remember that conquering nofap is only part of the journey. Improve yourselves in all the positive areas of your life.