1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Mindfulness help.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Stevegregory, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Stevegregory

Stevegregory Fapstronaut

Hi, i just would like to ask about mindfulness. i know that there are lots of different techniques people use but i know the basic things like focusing on breathing and concentrating on bodily sensations whilst in a relaxed position. I watched a video the other day and it said to do things like when you are drinking a glass of water note that you are in your head, when you walk out the door note that you are in your head and i was just wondering does anybody do this? like when I get up in the morning should i say to myself "i'm awake" or "im about to get up?" or if i go to have a shower should i say"i'm about to take a shower"

So yeah i just wanted to ask if anybody does do that and is that actually being mindful and if anyone has any different techniques to stay mindful or meditate they could share them here to help me out, Thanks.

2. Knight Solaire

Knight Solaire Fapstronaut

I do this very often. I use it to help regulate my emotions and clear my mind. It is wonderful and it helps you learn what makes you tick. How everything effects you. It is very educational and has helped me tremendously with my anger problems.

I would definitely suggest closing your eyes and focusing on your breathing. It really helps to release stress, tension in the body, and clear your mind.

Calm and Stevegregory like this.
  3. JoePineapples

JoePineapples Fapstronaut

I'm honestly not a sales person for Headspace :) , but I can't recommend it highly enough. (I've also recommended it in another thread) There's a book, and App, a podcast and a website. Some good videos on YouTube too. Meditation and Mindfulness, but a lot about mindfulness. It just hits the right tone for me. =

With the App you get a 10 day free trial, and then sign up for extra content, with monthly billing. I've now cancelled this (because I'm tight and skint), but I still visit the website and listen to the podcast.

Stevegregory and Thechosenone like this.