1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Mindfulness while reading/studying

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Neil Von Schafft, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Hi, so I'm trying to remember to remember to be mindful in daily life. Brushing my teeth, eating, walking, yet I cannot quite figure out how I'm supposed to be mindful when I'm reading, studying, or doing anything that directly involves the mind.

Am I supposed to focus on my breath/body and the words at the same time. Or am I supposed to try to concentrate only on the words, because that's what I've been doing for years and that hasn't been working out so well.

I've been looking for information on the internet, but all I could find was exercices to do before or praises about mindful reading without further explanations. So, can anyone do this or know how this is supposed to work? I'd really love your input, thanks!

2. mickeytee

mickeytee Fapstronaut

Coincidentally, that's the same thing I was looking for just yesterday.
    I think the only possiibility is to study in pomodoros, meditating during the breaks.

3. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Yes you are right. The 'ness' has the same meaning and 'less' in loveless, lifeless.

Meaning to be without. Meaning no thinking. Mindfulness means no thinking.

When you study you use your mind. This is Okay, as long as your mind doesn't wander off and stays only with the subject at hand.

4. mickeytee

mickeytee Fapstronaut

You're not a reliable authority on mindfulness, Shifu. We've seen you meditating.

tweeby likes this.
  5. tweeby

tweeby Banned