1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Month from my graduation

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by LastDayOFML, Jun 8, 2019.

1. LastDayOFML

LastDayOFML New Fapstronaut

Early May was my high school graduation date, and I had the stupid thought of me being happy afterward. Im so lonely now, I haven't talked to a single non-family member human being since my graduation. Not through steam, discord, facebook, texting, snapchat, etc.
    Even during and after the grad ceremony, there were signs. No invitations to parties, dinners, get-togethers, etc. Instantly after I was handed my diploma, it seemed like people just wanted me out of their life. Like I was a parasite they just kept around because of these shitty programs to keep kids from putting a bullet into their heads.

Its not like I had many people to talk with at school, but I thought things would be different. I dont know what to do now, I have noone to talk with.

2. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

You're looking for other people's approval, but do you have yours?

You feel rejected and lonely, you had expectations that you will be happy once something happen. Your belief is that you cannot be happy or find joy if there's no one around.

I'd recommend a post a wrote recently:
    https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/a-primer-on-dealing-with-negative-emotions.235876/

I hope it helps you to get over the pain in a healthy way.

I actually enjoy so much the time I spend alone at home with myself.

3. nmyr

nmyr Fapstronaut

you can talk to me , i need somebody to talk to him .

4. You'll be okay. What you described really is what usually happens with high school.

Typically, the people that you know in high school don't stick around afterwards. They all have their own path and goals in life, and high school was just something they had to go through along the way. I know things might seem like a disaster right now, but this is just a very small part of your life. You still have a lot ahead of you, as do I. And don't take it personally either, chances are a lot of them are probably sitting at home just like you wondering what the hell they're going to do with their life now.

Everyone takes their own path in life, and people come and go. That's just the way it is. Spend time with those people while you can, and take those experiences for what they are. Don't live your life thinking about what you could've done differently, that just leads to regret. Instead, think about what you did do and experiences you've had.

I think for most of us, graduation is or will be a bitter-sweet experience. It opens a new chapter in our life but it can also leave us feeling confused, and wondering what the hell to do next if we come unprepared. That's why I'm here on NoFap. I'm going to be a senior in high school next year, and I will become officially an adult about a month before my graduation. So, I'm doing everything I can to make sure next year is my best year, and I can graduate feeling satisfied and like I got what I wanted out of it, and be ready to start this new chapter of my life.

We have a tendency to focus on the bad things in life, and that can make you depressed. I get it. I'm not any different, I've done it a lot. But, I'm trying to focus on the good, and you know what, it makes a difference. It makes you feel more in control, and like you know what the hell is going on.

I wish you luck! Feel free to chat anytime. I'm always open.