1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Morning Wood

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by GizzyGizzy, Mar 4, 2023.

1. GizzyGizzy

GizzyGizzy Fapstronaut

I have been away from PMO for a month now and on the 4th week I lost my morning wood and If I have them,it's not that hard. I also started experiencing much boredom,no need for socializing and low motivation in doing everything including basic things like getting off from my bed and my seat. I've also lost the drive to workout which I was doing pretty well on the first 2 weeks Is this something I should worry about?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
    Magic6745 and silex_jedi like this.
  2. Harpagan93

Harpagan93 Fapstronaut

3. SilentWolfSong

SilentWolfSong Fapstronaut

Flatline will last a while. Possibly weeks, maybe more. It's tough to go thru.

GizzyGizzy and silex_jedi like this.
  4. silex_jedi

silex_jedi Fapstronaut

why is so tough?
    what are the signs of flatline according to you?

5. SilentWolfSong

SilentWolfSong Fapstronaut

For me, I already have little motivation/drive, so when flatline hits, it can really bring my motivation down. There are good times and bad times. It's encouraging when I look at my female coworkers as friends and really connect with them, but discouraging when my general outlook on life is flat and I have no great desires to get things done.

Signs of flatline might be different for me, but they'd include:
    low motivation
    low sexual drive
    soft erections or only hard erections for a second
    no morning wood

silex_jedi likes this.
  6. steezytheneezy

steezytheneezy Fapstronaut

7. GizzyGizzy

GizzyGizzy Fapstronaut

Ooh okay

8. GizzyGizzy

GizzyGizzy Fapstronaut

I thought like it was more than just flatline coz I felt like I was loosing my mind. But according to your description on it I guess I shouldn't be worried about it

9. StevenR

StevenR Fapstronaut

That's nothing to worry about. For me, morning wood was always variable anyway but it seemed like I started paying attention to it on my first reboot.

ReturningSailor likes this.
  10. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

In my experience, MW is very erratic and totally unpredictable. Two nights in a row the last week I was up (pun intended) at 3am with at least a 9/10 woody. The next two nights either nothing at all or very weak 3 or 4/10. Literally nothing else in my routine changed. Same workout, same diet, same time to bed and getting up in the morning. Don't worry about it. Your body is gonna do what it's gonna do and the less you try to intervene the better it will go.

I'm 26 months SR/monk mode if it makes a difference.

SilentWolfSong likes this.