1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

MOVIE TIPS

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by ToMMy.H, Apr 29, 2020.

1. ToMMy.H

ToMMy.H Fapstronaut

Hey guys I would like to watch movie tonight, but dont really know which one -> I would appreciate your help.

I basically watch anything but I really dont like fantasies, scifi and the whole avengers thing. And dont enjoy horror movies.

I like real movies, based on true stories, crime, thrillers, drama, comedy - not enjoying the american Kevin Hart style.

My most favourites are:
    Heat - Al Pacino vs De Niro masterpiece
    Wolf of Wallstreet
    Once upon a time in Hollywood
    Irishman

| Nico | likes this.
  2. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

I just watched October Sky and it was pretty good. Relatable for me because of some of the issues with his dad.

| Nico | likes this.
  3. IbrahimViking

IbrahimViking Fapstronaut

"Walk the line", maybe?

| Nico | likes this.
  4. | Nico |

| Nico | Distinguished Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Ford vs Ferrari

ItsSeal likes this.
  5. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

The last Samurai?

IbrahimViking likes this.
  6. King Tut 23

King Tut 23 Fapstronaut

THE GODFATHER. You must watch that movie!!! :)

7. Submariner

Submariner Fapstronaut

I think you may like The Purge: The Election Year. Very well balanced.

8. Muphy

Muphy Fapstronaut

My suggestion on after looking at your types of movies would be... " The sixth sense".

9. Heat is a phenomenal movie. I tried watching The Irishman last night, couldn't get through it. Thought it was an absolute bore.

Since you didn't exclude documentaries from your list of tastes, I'll be cheeky and recommend Earthlings (2005).

On a more serious note, my pick for best movie of all time goes to The Big Lebowski (1998). If you're old school you've probably seen it.

10. Oh holy shit, how did I not think of this before? If you like mob movies, you've got to watch Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead (1995). It's a cult classic, most people haven't heard of it. It's a completely different take on the genre, it doesn't feel remotely like your standard cookie-cutter mob movie. If you love it as much as I do, you'll be quoting it non-stop. Or you'll hate it.

11. True Romance, Cape Fear (remake), The Client, Scarface, Mulholland Drive (trigger warning), Goodfellas, The Godfather series, Jackie Brown, Reservoir Dogs, The Silence of the Lambs, Shutter Island, Se7en, LA Confidential, Chinatown, Training Day, Donnie Brasco, Gone Girl, Collateral, Red Dragon, American Psycho, Donnie Darko, No Country for Old Men, Insomnia, Memento, The Devil's Advocate, The Untouchables...

Just a few of my personal favorites belonging to those genres you're looking for.

12. ToMMy.H

ToMMy.H Fapstronaut

Thank you guys for all your tips -> seems like I have enough for the next month :D

@AngelofDarkness wow good list! I saw a lot of them too

Yesterday I found very interesting Italian gangster rise-fall movie -> Lo spietato / The Ruthless -> its on netflix (triggers involved)
    And probably of the best gangster series I have ever watched - Romanzo Criminale - also italian but gold - people die when they get hit, its real, no telenovel bs

I have to say I watched the first series of The Money Heist and not in love with it -> its like classic telenovel + heist -> doesnt make any sense to me

I like the type of movies when people get hit they get hurt/die. I dont like the nonstop action and godlike immortality.

AngelofDarkness likes this.