1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Movies you want to see

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by My Best self, Apr 19, 2019.

1. I feel like all of the Toy Story movies have some pretty dark themes. Like the first one, with Woody being neglected when Andy got a new toy, and him trying to basically kill Buzz. And then the crazy Sid kid who takes all his toys apart and turns them into monsters, and Buzz losing his arm. And then the second one, Woody had to like choose between his new family and his old family, and Jessie had a super sad story. That song "When Somebody Loved Me" always makes me bawl like a baby.

But they usually also have a sense of hope, which I think the 3rd one had too. It was definitely sad, though, especially for all of us who grew up watching those movies as kids.

I'm not trying to argue or anything, btw. Just chatting. Lol it's not a big deal.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Well Monsters Inc. (which I love) is pretty dark in some ways, and I suppose the first two could be considered that as well. It's just, growing up with those you wanted them to get back to Andy and knew they would eventually, it had that feeling, but in the third not only was the atmosphere more ominous, it was super dark story wise and mainly the tone they set.

I get that it was supposed to show him growing up (though I personally haven't grown out of my stuff) and moving forward as an adult, but it hurt seeing them work so hard to get back alive all to just have them donated to another child. Meh, I wanted to see him with Woody even when he was 60. lol

I personally haven't been interested in Pixars newer movies, for me it feels like they go too far in ways that make it more depressing and to purposely make you cry. I mean just look at the information coming out for Toy Story 3, them saying it's going to be not only an emotional roller coaster, but also something about it tearing you down all the while Tim Allen tweeting about it being so sad he had trouble reading his lines.

I'm afraid to watch it and since Andy's arc was finished I'm not really interested, but I want to see it for Spoony! He's so bloody cute.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. I'm really trying to see menace 2 society again

4. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

If it is like Hotline Miami, the "Drive" part would be about the main character being driven by rage while killing people I suppose.