1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Music prevention

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by ChangeofDavid, Nov 18, 2014.

1. ChangeofDavid

ChangeofDavid Fapstronaut

What are some good songs that keep your mind focused and off
    relapse?

2. ChangeofDavid

Couldn't quite figure out where to find that song

3. ChangeofDavid

Definitely might be a good song for prevention. Kind of a double edged sword. Strong lyrics.

4. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

Which is pretty much all mainstream rap. I've had to rethink my entertainment, it sucks..but I think it's worth it.

I recommend jazz and instrumental type music.

5. ChangeofDavid

I'm gonna look for some instrumentals. I stay away from rap that just sounds bad.
    I used to not think twice about it but now i know it gets to me.

6. purity

purity Fapstronaut

Yeah I would avoid most mainstream rap, however there is a ton of underground-ish hip-hop out there with really positive vibes such as Eligh, The Grouch, Tem Blessed, some artists on the Heiroglyphics label, and more.

[video=youtube;v_R3p8OKHSA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_R3p8OKHSA[/video]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  7. purity

purity Fapstronaut

I just ordered a new album by Rise of the Northstar, their lyrics and message are inspiring and uplifting. It's hardcore metal, with a Dragonball-Z and Japanese flavor! Very cool band, here's a music video, completely safe to watch (actually there's a flash of a swimsuit on a CD cover at 2:10 for not even a second and some females in the 2nd half of the video but they're not dressed scantily so I guess don't watch it if you are some kind of fragile, ultra easily triggered person), just make sure you have Magic Actions or some other youtube app on your browser if you are triggered by recommended videos, or just watch it here!

[video=youtube;PTVgUrRNM7E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTVgUrRNM7E[/video]

8. ChangeofDavid

I was able to handle it. I'm not quite sure, whatever you think is better.

9. purity

purity Fapstronaut

Doesn't seem like a trigger to me. But then I'm not a person who gets triggered by external stimuli easily. My triggers come from within. Although it is still wise to moderate what media one lets into their consciousness. For instance if I begin watching let's say steamy romance movies that after a week or so I will start to be influenced and get uncontrollable urges.

10. Knight Solaire

Knight Solaire Fapstronaut

Equalizer, I fucking like it, DBZ is fucking bomb bro, here's a list of uplifting rock/metal/metalcore songs that I really love,

You're Not Alone by Of Mice and Men
    For Those Afriad To Speak by Exotype
    Bloodsuckers by Capture the Crown
    Imbecile by Dayshell
    Just Keep Breathing by We Came As Romans
    2nd Sucks by A Day To Remember
    500ml by Time Traveler
    Hostage by dangerKids
    Lift Me Up by Five Finger Death Punch
    Ten Thousand Fist by Disturbed
    Chop Suey by System of a Down
    Filth Friends Unite by I See Stars
    If I Were by Nothing More
    Supremacy by Muse

I really love all kinds of music so I have lots of songs, my favorite kinds are Rock and EDM

11. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

Dudeeeee the grouch. I used to listen to him all the time.

12. Knight Solaire

Just found a new song,

American Dream by Silverstein

Pandora I fucking love you

Edit 1: new song

Legacy by Memphis May Fire

13. FutureGuitarGod

FutureGuitarGod Banned by User Request

Try listening to more mellow styles of music whenever you start to feel anxious. Chillstep is a good choice,along with dark ambient or even new age styles. As for rock music, might I suggest Alcest. Their music is made with the intent of taking the listener on a journey. In times where I'm extremely stressed I play some Alcest and get lost for a little while.

If you need motivation to kick ass and take names in the gym, try listening to high tempo electronic music. Not only will you have fun, but you'll easily burn a butt ton of calories.

14. Knight Solaire

I love chillstep man, I have like two alter egos when it comes to music. One second I will listen to indie and chillstep. Next, I listen to metalcore and dubstep lol

15. cras

cras Fapstronaut

Going off of AwesomenesPrime there, if you like hip hop then you should give Nujabes a try for mellow songs. Such calming and peaceful music that takes me away. Also got some rap that is not explicit (that I know of). Just close your eyes and listen. Here's a convenient youtube video to try.

(disclaimer: some songs have a woman in the background, in case it will trigger. I don't think its bad, but just a warning in case it is.)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  16. openminded

openminded Fapstronaut

17. ChangeofDavid

I like classical and mellow, for some reason I cant handle Mozart today. Never tried chillstep, but will and damn those rap songs are actually positive lol, didn't know that existed.

18. purity

purity Fapstronaut

This is really good advice. I'm a very high energy person, and I will use yin & yang to describe this. Yang is high energy, so yang music would be stuff like rock, EDM, house, dubstep, metal where yin would be more like chillstep, ambient, some classical, some new age/worldly, etc.

If I listen to metal ALL the time, I find myself starting to grow angry in general even if the lyrics are positive. Angry and unsettled in my mind, because too much yang is not a good thing, and being that I'm naturally yang that type of music only stokes the fire.

So I must force myself to listen to yin music more often, because it is balancing, you want a balance of yin and yang to be at an equilibirum mentally and physically. Actually I think that an artist like MitiS could be considered yin.

Anyways enough yin yang theory from me!

Excellent point AP!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  19. ChangeofDavid

Ying and yang in music sounds deep. I usually trust Pandora with all my music, I never tried to know artists though you make it sound fun. I listened to Alcest and Chill step. they are definitely high energy songs and beats. I'm kind of in between yin and yang, like on the line. I Wish I could listen to the radio without getting all yuck. I'm definitely taking notes and writing down these artists, hope the music spreads.

20. purity

purity Fapstronaut

Last video or recommendation I will post here as I have a reputation on another forum for being a video dumper haha. The song is Phoenix Flame off The Ghost Inside's new album, Dear Youth. It is the epitome album for letting out your rage and embracing a new life after being torn apart by an addiction like PMO. For metal fans only:

[video=youtube;PW0MGkkJAdU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW0MGkkJAdU[/video]