1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My battle

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. renew_life_j

renew_life_j Fapstronaut

Dear all, Glad to be in a group of those who believe in Christ. My whole life, my identity is tied to being a Christian. Both my parents were from a different faith but accepted Christ in their lives. As for me, i did so when i was in college. The battle with pmo started pretty young. When i did it for the first time out of self discovery i did not even know what it was... Later as it was pleasurable , i did continue and associating with semi nude pictures brought more pleasure. When i bought a computer later, that is when i learnt about p. From then on it has been a downward spiral. When i accepted Christ , i did confess to a pastor and an elder brother who helped me. I was free for a long time, later i had move on and wasn't in touch with them and fell again for pmo. I so long to be free like in those times. I did not know about nofap then..I am mostly an introvert and keep things to myself. Glad to be in the company of fellow believers who could guide and help me. I have read the posts in the group and find great encouragement. I have started my journey again. I have all the reasons to fight earnestly back, finding my hope and strength in him alone who is able to save. I am married now with a kid. I did confess to my wife about my struggle. I try and keep sober for a period of time but then fall again :( .. I find it so depressing to go and confess again.I am so happy to be here along with fellow believers who are open and on this battle along with me... Free for 8 days now. I post my reboot journal in the age group category. I'll update my journey here as well... Thank you all for your encouragement and support.

2. Soy

Soy Fapstronaut

Praying that you will find strength in the Lord and hide his word in your heart. You are loved here. This community changed my life. I hope it will do the same for you.

Toni7 and renew_life_j like this.
  3. Welcome to the fight of your life! Glad to have you here with us. Reach out any time for support and encouragement. Maybe you can find an AP of three here to walk alongside you on your journey toward freedom.

I am praying for you and cheering you on!

Toni7 and renew_life_j like this.
  4. renew_life_j

renew_life_j Fapstronaut

Thank you Soy for your prayers and encouragement :)

Toni7 likes this.
  5. renew_life_j

renew_life_j Fapstronaut

Thank you Tao Jones for your prayers, encouragement and support :).. would be glad in having AP from here, I'll check further on it,Thank you.

Toni7 and Tao Jones like this.
  6. renew_life_j

renew_life_j Fapstronaut

Kept myself occupied with work today. The battle is always in my mind. Thankfully discussing, reading and keeping open about day to day life progress has greatly helped so far..Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement.

Toni7, judson and Tao Jones like this.
  7. renew_life_j

renew_life_j Fapstronaut

Day 10: Happy to complete another day without pmo. It was a hectic day at work. Thanking God for day to day mercies.

8. renew_life_j

renew_life_j Fapstronaut

Day 11 : Today felt a bit tempted in mind , kept reading good articles and felt encouraged and was able to overcome..being Thankful

Toni7, paul86_, judson and 1 other person like this.
  9. renew_life_j

renew_life_j Fapstronaut

Day 12 : Another day passed by without pmo. Thanking God for his mercies..Thank you all for your encouragement :)

10. renew_life_j

renew_life_j Fapstronaut

Day 13: Had to work overtime today...wife was sad that I wasn't spending time with her. Later, took her out and things were ok :). Another day without pmo.

judson and Tao Jones like this.
  11. renew_life_j

renew_life_j Fapstronaut

Day 14 : Had a day of rest. Refreshed and happy, another no PMO day, Thank you Lord.

12. Congrats on two weeks of freedom! Keep taking the steps along the Way, one day at a time.

renew_life_j likes this.
  13. renew_life_j

renew_life_j Fapstronaut

Thank you Tao Jones for encouragement and prayers :)

Tao Jones likes this.
  14. renew_life_j

renew_life_j Fapstronaut

Day 15: Another day without pmo, feeling thankful and happy :)

Akeakua likes this.
  15. renew_life_j

renew_life_j Fapstronaut

Day 16 : Feeling happy to go another day without pmo. Not much urges...Have kept myself a bit occupied. Noticed that when the old memories comes through, for a minute there is some struggle at mind level... Knowing that God has been helping me overcome this far , gives me hope and encourages me to carry on..

Tao Jones and judson like this.
  16. renew_life_j

renew_life_j Fapstronaut

Day 17: Another day without pmo . Not by my own strength but by God's Grace and Mercy.. Happy to get along another day..Thank you all for your encouragement :)

17. renew_life_j

renew_life_j Fapstronaut

Day 18: Today was tough. Woke up in the early morning because of wet dream. In the morning kept myself occupied with work . Felt a bit tempted to yield to unwanted thoughts...Kept the battle going..

18. renew_life_j

renew_life_j Fapstronaut

Day 19: Another day without pmo. Spent most of the time at work and later with family.

19. Congrats on 20 days!

renew_life_j likes this.
  20. renew_life_j

renew_life_j Fapstronaut

Thank you Tao Jones :)