1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My cat died

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Mar 9, 2020.

1. 6 weeks ago I took in a stray cat called Garfield. My local vet gave him some treatment however he was unable to respond and it was decided he would be put down. I didn't expect to feel any grief, as I only had him for a short time. However I became very attached to him. He didn't have much in life put I wanted to put a post up for my little friend.

[​IMG]

2. Finalito

Finalito Fapstronaut

Hey @bluemax4
    My deepest condolences. He looks like he was a wonderful cat. What a pity he's gone.
    People tend to develop deeper bonds with animals than with other humans, so in a way it is always more difficult to lose a pet.
    Good job on your part for giving him 6 cosy weeks of life. :)

bluemax4 likes this.
  3. Thanks for your support, it really hits me in the evening when he's not here. I keep expecting to look over and see him and then it hits me, he's no longer with us. I was the only person that ever cared about him, and I wasn't able to save him. Really devastating that someone can just leave a cat to get into the condition he was in.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. RIP Garfield , its tough to hear try to stay strong

dogeatdog and bluemax4 like this.
  5. CodeTalker

CodeTalker Fapstronaut

I feel for you. I still think about my pet from time to time. Loved that dog.

dogeatdog likes this.
  6. dogeatdog

dogeatdog Fapstronaut

Sorry to hear about your cat, my man. Losing a pet can be absolutely devastating, especially if you loved it like how you loved Garfield.

7. Randy Andy

Randy Andy Fapstronaut

Blue Max,
    Sorry Garfield died. It reminded me of when my wife and I took in an orphan to foster parent. When I first saw her I was embarrassed that I did not like her, she looked very different from other children. I thought I was just going along with my wife, and I thought I was just like a baby sitter. We only parented her for a little longer than you took care of Garfield, at least the first time we had her, and I not only didn't think I was feeling parental love but I also didn't think much about that, I want a good father and that selfish, self centered world view was a big part of why. Id get angry and think it was her fault. It wasn't. The point of this story was that when we took her back to the foster home (it was another country and we were going back to ours) she looked back as we were walking out and just before the door slammed shut she said "mom?" I had a strange feeling as my wife fell apart, weeping in the taxi to the airport: something I didn't know had grown in me felt like it had been ripped out and smashed. My father said one of the wisest things he's ever said, he said time heals all wounds. I see a lot of Truth and a lot of... I went say falsity but other different truths in that. 1i can certainly say it was a whole other lifetime, and that what started growing was love and it can survive being ripped out and smashed :). At least it did for me, beyond surviving it has thrived slowly but surely.

This is just a theory, take what you like and leave the rest, I had the thought that your sadness shows how good a person you are. As does taking him to the vet and being willing to do what was best for him as far as minimizing pain even if it caused sadness for you. Selflessness benefits us and is one antidote to pm+ addiction.

Scorcher2000 likes this.