1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My current Dilema

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Mattsfreedom, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Mattsfreedom

Mattsfreedom Fapstronaut

Hey nofapppers I been having these thoughts and feelings that keep coming up and I was hoping to get some advice and input on it.

This girl I met and went to a party with about 8 years ago recently about a month ago sent me a friend request on facebook. I have only hung out with this girl a couple of times I feel like I had a real connection with her though, and I remember her as being a all around pretty chill and cool person. I been really wanting to message her just to see how she's been doing whatever.

So then I get these thoughts of what if she thinks I'm a creep. I have been kinda facebook stalking her and reading all her posts. They seem to be all directed to me maybe I'm just creating something that's not in my head. I live at home with my parents she has a kid what would she want to do with me. I don't have a license or a car just a moped why would she want anything to do with me. Maybe I'm just desperate. I haven't had a girlfriend before and I'm almost 27 so I probably wouldn't know what to do if it did go anywhere. These are thoughts that run through my head, and I cant get past them. I don't what kind of help or advice I'm looking for. Just any of your thoughts or advice would be good.

2. Rigel7

Rigel7 Fapstronaut

Just re-read what you wrote and think about what parts you have written is internal reality (in your head) and what is external reality (has actually happened). I reckon you should go ahead and message her. If something positive comes from it, then great! But if not, then you haven't lost anything because there was nothing to be gained to begin with. Disregard the thoughts about being 'creepy' - I'm pretty sure Facebook stalking is pretty normal these days (just don't bring that up of course ;)). And with regard to reading too much into her posts - all the more reason to put your doubts to rest by asking.

3. Right on point @Mattsfreedom she friended you, it only makes sense for you to say hello, if not, whatever. You miss 100% of the shots you dont take

Mattsfreedom likes this.
  4. Mattsfreedom

Mattsfreedom Fapstronaut

I did message her. It has felt like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I was overthinking it way too much and using every ounce of energy these past few days to over think it.

This is what made me finally go through with it. She hasn't responded back yet but if she does she does if not I haven't lost anything.

Rigel7 and Deleted Account like this.
  5. Vinek

Vinek Fapstronaut

Let us know !

Rigel7 likes this.
  6. Rigel7

Rigel7 Fapstronaut

@Mattsfreedom I'm glad you found what I said to be helpful. It'd be interesting to know what comes from this :)

7. Mattsfreedom

Mattsfreedom Fapstronaut

Unfortunately I don't think anything will come from it. She still hasn't responded back but its no big deal I'm just glad I got it out of my head and manned up and did it.