1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My experience with nofap

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Kramum, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Kramum

Kramum Fapstronaut

I never considered myself an addict but tried nofap as I bumped on it and thought that even though there is no evidence of whatever is being said here, I thought that giving it a go is still an option just to see what is going to happen.
    I viewed PMO (and still do) as a form of entertainment and nothing else, so not doing it did not change my habits or made me any more productive, it just meant that my form of entertainment was going to be different.
    I did no PMO for about 3 weeks and as the time went on and on, I would only get more restless and horny.
    I was regularly exercising whether or not on PMO and didn't notice any energy bursts after doing nofap, nor did I notice any drops in my energy levels after stopping nofap. Exercise itself wouldn't prove to be helping me calm down that urges - quite the contrary. The more I exercised, the more horny I would get once I'd stop and rest.
    Apparently social life is meant to be positively affected by nofap, though there was clearly no change for me. In fact, it is some time after M that I would have a bit more energy to be more social than usual. Not that the difference was huge, as I am friendly and would like to hang around with people whether while doing PMO or having not done it in years. It's that apparently getting my sexual tension some release is putting me in a slightly better mood than I would otherwise be in.
    I don't recall ever sacrificing work or anything important over PMO. I would much prefer to do whatever I have to do that day and only assuming that I can chill for the rest of the day and won't have to get up early next day would I indulge in that kind of entertainment. The reason being that it is so relaxing that after doing that all I would like to do is to continue to chill and just rest, which is why I would much rather not do it under pressure or when I know is not the best time for it.

All in all, the whole experiment proved to be a pointless exercise about which no one cares and clearly did not notice. The only change while on NoFap is that I would be more horny than usual which basically is a physical discomfort that would just get my mind off of things I would do and make me less able to concentrate. I would compare it to when I am hungry while doing something - I just can't do it with so much energy and enthusiasm because well I am hungry and it just feels terrible so my mind obviously ventures somewhere else.
    So I tried yet didn't get any results other than getting more horny.
    That is my experience.