My experiment with monk mode and its impact on productivity.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by delhiboy, Sep 29, 2019.

1. delhiboy

delhiboy Fapstronaut

Monk mode challenge (till the time i get successful in my life)-

1) waking up sharp at 5AM - clean room first thing in morning.
    2) no music or movies
    3) no computer or cellphone use while eating food.
    4) complete isolation from non work people on cellphone. just no talking.
    5) i shall take help of caffeine if needed to quit cellphone use.
    6) eat a little less, 90% to the full.
    7) speaking little or nothing.
    8) obviously no PMO
    9) some physical activity.

i am focusing to be able to do 12 hours of work a day with the help of monk mode.
    i am struggling with progress in my career.

why i am going this?

majority of answers in following questions are negative, so i am embarking on monk mode.
    1. is your life going on point as you wanted it to be 2 years back? - no (far from it)
    2. are you satisfied or at peace with the present situation in your life? - no (not at all)
    3. do you feel motivated enough to go to work daily, to hit the gym or to perform other activities - no (have motivational crashes)
    4. people who are close to you (you parents, partner, friends, etc) are happy with your behaviour? - no (i am angry all the time)
    5. are you feeling worthy - no (far away from a position where i can feel worthy)
    6. are you having suicidal thoughts? - no (thankfully not depressed in life)
    7. are you out of shape (physically or/and mentally) - yes and no (mixed thing)

2. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

If it is so terrible then why keep doing it?

3. delhiboy

delhiboy Fapstronaut

life is struggle, nothing comes free. i see potential in monk mode that is why i keep doing it.

4. Address007

Address007 Fapstronaut

5. delhiboy

delhiboy Fapstronaut

day-2 monk mode

day 1 was moderate. i stumbled at night and unknowingly used my cellphone. i got my ground as soon as i realised my mistake.
    woke up at sharp 5am.
    finished one big chunk of work+some walking.

kululuku and SSJ N like this.
  6. Androxzus

Androxzus Fapstronaut

It's all fine and good, but I don't relate with point 2 and point 7. Music and some good movies can ignite your soul to approach life in a different manner. Listen to some classical music(Mozart, Beethoven, etc.) You can even watch some movies to gain inspiration such as Shawshank Redemption, Forrest gump, etc. Now coming to point 7, this can fatally lead to a burnout. Talk to a friend, if you don't have then make some. They make you feel better. If anything I would've done if I were to be in your place would be JOURNALING. Seriously, this pen and paper ritual transformed my life.

george53 and delhiboy like this.
  7. Itsmenayana

Itsmenayana Fapstronaut

How many days have u completed

delhiboy likes this.
  8. Itsmenayana

Itsmenayana Fapstronaut

Is it it 2nd day

delhiboy likes this.
  9. delhiboy

delhiboy Fapstronaut

Day-4 monk mode

Past 3 ays were full of struggles, yesterday I woke up 1 hour late too.

I think everything smoothen out once I get a hang of new life style. The most important take away in monk mode is constant calm state of mind. No internet and cellphone use and if due to work I need to use them then it is on a stipulated time and immediately shut off after work is done.

kululuku likes this.
  10. delhiboy

delhiboy Fapstronaut

Today it is 4th day. 3 days done

11. delhiboy

delhiboy Fapstronaut

I shall be journaling here. It give me a hit of motivation to document my tough journey.
    As you mentioned your disagreement with point 2 and 7, I would say monk mode differ in intensity for every individual. It should be a tailor made approach. Individual should assess what is important for him/her and set goals accordingly.
    Let's see how long I can go with such tough goals.

kululuku likes this.
  12. delhiboy

delhiboy Fapstronaut

Another day monk mode.

Could not update daily because of work.
    Monk mode is very very tough to do in it's it's entirety.
    Thoughts and mind should be in total surrender to consciousness.

kululuku likes this.
  13. delhiboy

delhiboy Fapstronaut

another monk morning.

may i be faithful to monk lifestyle today.

kululuku and Address007 like this.
  14. delhiboy

delhiboy Fapstronaut

yesterday evening i broke off my monk mode by talking to a married girl erotically.

again started by day 1 monk mode

woke up at 5
    cleaned my room
    spent 1 hour under bright morning sun exercising.

kululuku likes this.
  15. Muphy

Muphy Fapstronaut

I have got a very safe job and it has resulted in very negative nature in me. I don't compete, in don't learn things , I don't listen to others.

But I am trying to change that.
    I think social media is the main culprit. Full time is wasted in Facebook and YouTube.
    I have left since 5 days. I get bored but think brain needs to learn these lesson.
    I'll change .

kululuku and delhiboy like this.
  16. leonpheon

leonpheon Fapstronaut

I know you probably don’t need this but Please don’t be hard on yourself if you ever reset, monk mode is extremely difficult and for me I found myself resetting more times than I could think doing this mode.

kululuku and delhiboy like this.
  17. delhiboy

delhiboy Fapstronaut

yup i just move on if i broke off my monk mode inadvertently or deliberately. but semen retention is my bigggggest priority.

kululuku and KurosuX like this.
  18. delhiboy

delhiboy Fapstronaut

update-

reached 90 days.

1. retention stats- never ejaculated in these 90 days.

2. precum stats- leaked many times during these day. initially leakage incidents used to take full 1 day to feel full again. after may be day 60-70 leaks does not feel like leaks. within 1 hour leak feel replenished.

3. wet dream- body tried to ejaculate from 5-7 times, but i always wake up before any ejaculation. only once i leaked some fluid (that was not actually semen, it was watery thing) in my sleep and i immediately stood up and checked what i leaked in sleep.
    another point is i never had any sexual dream any more after day 20. it was always a sensation in sleep which woke me up (i thing that is a good thing)

i found that monk mode is perfect killer of pre cum. but till now i am only successful for only 5 days continuously in 100% monk mode.

kululuku, Nishanth and KurosuX like this.
  19. delhiboy

delhiboy Fapstronaut

are you in india?

20. Muphy

Muphy Fapstronaut

nopes

delhiboy likes this.