1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My heart hurts. Reading the Word

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. My purposes today, besides staying PMO free, was to have a special moment to pray and resume reading of the holy Bible.
    I opened my Bible and found Jeremiah 2:1-25 and 3:1-13. It's about Israel's infidelities...
    Some hard words but hope at end.
    I wanted to copy-paste some text, but I'm falling asleep

Auggie and Edson1997 like this.
  2. What the Lord said me :emoji_sweat: I was doing M and P almost all the last week :emoji_cry:
    Fragments

Jeremiah 2:1-25
    https://www.biblestudytools.com/ceba/jeremiah/passage/?q=jeremiah+2:1-25

7 I brought you into a land of plenty, to enjoy its gifts and goodness, but you ruined my land; you disgraced my heritage.

11 Has a nation switched gods, though they aren't really gods at all? Yet my people have exchanged their glory for what has no value.

13 My people have committed two crimes: They have forsaken me, the spring of living water. And they have dug wells, broken wells that can't hold water.
    20 Long ago I broke your yoke; I shattered your chains. But even then you said, "I won't serve you." On every high hill and under every lush tree, you have acted like a prostitute.
    21 Yet it was I who planted you, a precious vine of fine quality; how could you turn into a wild vine and become good for nothing?
    22 Even though you scrub yourself with soap or strong powder, the stain of your sin is still before me, declares the LORD God.
    23 How can you say, "I'm not dirty; I haven't gone after Baals." Look what you have done in the valley; consider what you have done there. You are like a frenzied young camel, racing around,
    24 a wild donkey in the wilderness, lustfully sniffing the wind. Who can restrain such passion? Those who desire her need not give up; with little effort they will find her in heat.

Jeremiah 3:1-13
    https://www.biblestudytools.com/ceba/jeremiah/passage/?q=jeremiah+3:1-13

2 Look to the well-traveled paths and see! Where haven't you committed adultery? On the roadsides you sit in wait for lovers, like a nomad in the wilderness. You have corrupted the land with your cheap and reckless behavior.
    3 That's why the showers have failed and the spring rains have ceased. Still you act like a brazen prostitute who refuses to blush.

5 will you stay angry forever? Will you continue to be furious?" This is what you say while you do as much evil as you possibly can.

12 Go proclaim these words to the north and say: Return, unfaithful Israel, declares the LORD. I won't reject you, for I'm faithful, declares the LORD; I won't stay angry forever.
    13 Only acknowledge your wrongdoing: how you have rebelled against the LORD your God, and given yourself to strangers under every lush tree and haven't obeyed me, declares the LORD. :emoji_heart:

Yes, I did it. But yes, I want to return to him!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
    Auggie likes this.
  3. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I know the sorrow you feel because of your sins but Our Lord stands ready to forgive you. In your state of guilt and shame you have chosen bible verses that reflect His people's unending cycle of rejecting God and these are important lessons, to be sure. However, after each period of exile, God waited patiently for His people to see their error and then He returned them to their home. So, a positive passage to add for your consideration:

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God sent the Son into the world, not to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him. 18 He who believes in him is not condemned;..." RSV-CE

Mara43 likes this.
  4. Well, to tell you the truth, I didn't choose them. I was praying and wanted to listen to the Lord, so I only opened my Bible and those passages were there, just reflecting my situation

Thank you for remind me this!

5. Today I have 7 days clean, no PMO at all. I went to the mass and received the sacraments :)
    Today opened my Bible and found Song of Songs 2, in particular 2:10-14.16.

10 My beloved speaks,
    and he says to me:
    “Arise, my beloved,
    my fair one, and come!

11 For see, the winter is past,
    the rains are over and gone.

12 The flowers appear in the countryside;
    the season of joyful songs has arrived,
    and the voice of the turtledove
    is heard in our land.
    13 The fig tree puts forth its figs
    and the blossoms on the vine give forth their fragrance.
    Arise, my beloved,
    my fair one, and come!”

16 My beloved belongs to me, and I am his;...

Yes, my Lord! I want to be your beloved and I want to love you with all my being and never walk away from You!

born3, Auggie and CPilot like this.
  6. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Congratulations on one week of purity and more importantly one week of good habits. So many of us fall into the trap of seeing such milestones like the finish line in a sprint. We cross the line out of breath, exhausted and vulnerable. I made the mistake of looking at milestones that way for a long time. Now I realize, that my goal is not to pass a number of days free from sin. Although that is not a bad thing, it leads us to believe that there is a sprint to be run. Rather, the process is more like building a massive bridge or a sky scrapper. One bolt, one block, one beam at a time. One good habit reinforced each day, takes us closer to Our Precious Lord.

Celebrate each milestone as one that builds your bridge or your sky scrapper closer to God. Everyday of success, is one where good habits are built and reinforced. Keep going and enjoy the feelings of freedom as you speak each day with Our Precious Lord.

born3 and Mara43 like this.
  7. Thank you! ^^

Yes, I'll do :)

CPilot likes this.
  8. Today's reading was about the passage of the Maccabees, where 7 brothers were martyred for their refusal to eat pork, forbidden by the Law.
    What courage and love for God! They preferred dying rather than sinning. I wish I were like this!

Auggie and CPilot like this.
  9. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I agree, amazing courage! However, you are showing much courage in tackling this sin. It would be easier, but not very wise, to keep going down the old path. Well done. Keep striving for freedom, you can do this.

Mara43 and Auggie like this.
  10. Without God’s grace none of us can have that courage; It comes from the daily cooperation with God’s grace in being faithful to Him in the little things of life. The good news is you’re on that path! Keep it up!

Mara43 likes this.
  11. Auggie likes this.
  12. Yesterday reading: Luke 22:40
    On reaching the place, he said to them, “Pray that you will not fall into temptation.”
    Clear, direct and timely.

CPilot likes this.