1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My history again?

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. The same happens to me...
    I wish I always chose Him :'-(
    Yeeessss!! I want to cry

Thank you, CPilot, God bless you.

CPilot likes this.
  2. Quoted from my journal

3. Pathfinder01

Pathfinder01 Fapstronaut

Sorry to hear you're still struggling - hang in there! The most important thing is that you're always fighting, always trying, no matter how well you're doing at the moment.

I know what you mean about feeling like you shouldn't go to church or pray when temptation is so strong. Sometimes I find myself kneeling to pray and I have thoughts of past content I've viewed or encounters I've had actively going through my mind. In these times, I don't even ask God to help me stop PMO. I just ask God to help me want to stop PMO. Just the grace to have that basic seed of desire. Then I know I"m being truthful in my prayer.

Remember that the true sin of Judas was not that he betrayed Jesus to the authorities. His true sin was that he despaired and believed he was beyond help. Peter also turned his back on Jesus on Good Friday, but he ultimately didn't fall into despair. That is why Peter is a saint and Judas is not.

Mara43 and Auggie like this.
  4. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

Yes, it's the key. It doesn't matter that you fall - it's a natural consequence of being addicted for many years. What matters is fighting, always trying even one minute after completing pmo session. The worst mistake is to give up prayer and fighting after pmo session. Then the pmo sin becomes stronger and our addiction too. the only solution to victory is - ''always fighting, always trying, no matter how well you're doing at the moment.'' Doing so you won't even commit grave sin if you fall out of being tired and weak.

Mara43 likes this.
  5. @Pathfinder01 and @Mr Eko, thanks for being here and reply.

Yesterday I continued prayer but it was rather weak, not strong enough as I needed. I allowed myself be carried away by the current. Although the previous day, Wednesday, I was resisting for about 12 hours, I recognize that yesterday Thursday I didn't try hard enough, I could have fought more...
    Yes, but when one is strongly tempted is when prayer is most necessary
    I felt hypocrite because I wanted to fall again... :-(
    I also pray this way, asking for help to want to stop

Pathfinder01 likes this.
  6. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

Every addict wants to fall that is - one part of the mind and will doesn't want to fall but another part of them wants to fall. Which part wins doesn't depend on our resolutions and efforts but on our ....prayer at the time of each temptation. When you cease to pray then the part wanting to fall wins. The key is prayer at temptation.
    Even after 9 years there is a part of my brain saying every day from time to time - do ''it'' , do ''it'' , do ''it'' .... but I check this part with my prayer and the actual promise (ending next year).

Last edited: Apr 29, 2023
    Mara43 likes this.
  7. This happens to me a lot. I've noticed how the part which wants do it grows until it becomes dominant.
    Yes
    Wow!

8. Today I'm going to talk to my spiritual director and confess. Please, pray for us.

Pathfinder01 and Auggie like this.
  9. What is your plan when you get tempted? I shared a plan with you that I use, but something else may work for you. Think about your plan then write the steps down. Then practice your plan. Read and say your plan out loud during the day. You like many of us are in a battle. Practice your plan when you are not tempted. Even if you fail, keep trying and practice your plan again. Hope that helps.

Mara43 likes this.
  10. My detailed plan is written in https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?threads/my-process-mi-proceso-mara43.345189/#post-3542662

This is something important I've omitted! I only read it from time to time

Yes, thank you.

I remember I read it but I can't find it in this thread. Maybe you posted it in another thread.
    God bless!

Pathfinder01 likes this.
  11. This is it. Use some of it or all of it.

When you are tempted, try these five steps:

1. Physically move ourselves away. (go for a walk, work in the garden, anything just move.)
    2. Say: in the name of Jesus I bind you spirit of lust and send you to the foot of the cross to be judged by the Lord.
    3. Say: Precious Blood of Jesus, wash over me and protect me from the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    4: Say: Jesus, Mary and Joseph, St Marie Goretti and my Guardian Angel, please help me.
    5. Imagine something good. (the beach, the mountains, flowers, anything good.)

Mara43 likes this.
  12. Thank you for sharing!
    Also St. Augustine and St. Louis Gonzaga

CPilot and Pathfinder01 like this.
  13. Today is my 7th day without M and 14th without P.
    The bad news: temptations are coming back! They are mainly thoughts coming to my mind about doing M. I'm getting anxious, I don't want to give in again. I also feel very lazy (and feel my will lazy)
    I'm going to go out right now anyway because I need to buy something. I hope get calm
    I pray. Please, pray for me you too! I'm a little afraid

14. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Has anything changed in your recovery/ daily discipline?

15. Not recently. Few weeks ago I lost my daily prayer with Bible reading but trying to resume it.
    Anyway I continue with daily mass and communion and frequent visit to Blessed Sacrament and other prayers.
    I also procure to have meals at good hours.

This is the only discipline I've. It's REALLY difficult to me to have a set schedule to do things.

But nothing has changed during these days.

16. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Did you have prayer when you woke up this morning?

17. Briefly and a little while after I got up, but yes, I had

18. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

In that prayer time do you specifically ask for a day free from this vice?

19. No :-( This morning I only consecrated and commended my day.
    I ask it only later, don't remember if until temptations arrived