1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My husband is cheating on me with webcam girl and a woman he met on dating site!

Discussion in 'Partner Support' started by Distraught Wife, Mar 28, 2020.

1. As a former addict, I read your story and think 'that could have been me'. I am lucky in that I have no psychiatric issues. Your ex needs alot of help. I fear for him. He really is like a sick child now, but it's all self inflicted. He is like an alcoholic for illusionary sex. This behaviour will not make him young, but turn him into a very sad old man. I suspect the woman he has hooked up with has big issues too.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Psalm27:1my light likes this.
  2. Oh my gosh, girl. I honestly couldn't even read your whole story, I was just sitting here, mouth agape, feeling sick to my stomach over how he has treated you.

Listen, I will be the first to always recommend trying to work out a marriage and do everything you possibly can to not divorce. I believe divorce is only am option in the most extreme of circumstances.

But in my opinion, THIS is the most extreme of circumstances, and he has left you absolutely no other choice. If you're at all feeling bad about getting divorced, remember that absolutely NONE of this is your fault. He chose this, not you.

I'm just so so sorry for all of this. Nobody deserves even half of what you've been through. I can't even imagine. I hope you have much more happiness ahead of you, without him. And if someday he decides to get his act together and get his addiction under control, maybe things can be resolved enough to at least feel a bit more peace about it. But right now, he is not making that possible at all. It sounds like he's made his choice, several times over.

You deserve SO much better than this! I can't even imagine what a difficult journey you have ahead of you, but I truly hope it is a better one than you're in now. I hope you have supportive friends and family to surround yourself with at this time. Take care of yourself <3

engelman and Psalm27:1my light like this.
  3. Distraught Wife

Distraught Wife Fapstronaut

Thank you. I appreciate your words of encouragement:) He’s marrying the woman he met on the dating site, so any possibility of a reconciliation is nil. His abuse continues and escalates, which I didn’t think could be possible(not physical as we have zero face to face contact.) As I listen to his rages, I know he is crazy, in the literal sense. He’s so far gone, delusional, I don’t see recovery on the horizon for him. There’s no semblance of the man he once was. None. Nor will there ever be. He’s found a new victim. Someone who will look the other way as he continues his fantasy life with the webcam girl. Why he wants to marry and still do that l, don’t know. I do know he can’t be alone, and does need someone to take care of him. Don’t the mundane everyday task. Fill the role I dod. The role his mother filled, and still fills—-enabler. He even had her forge my name to a U.S. federal document, which is a federal crime. She still very much has her cognitive abilities about her, and knew it was wrong. She did it anyway, because he told her to(I am pursing this as it could have legal percussions for me later down the road.)
    This woman will tolerate his infidelity, because she’s the one who will change him. She’s the one he’ll change for. Maybe he will, maybe he won’t. Either way, we’re done. He said last week that he doesn’t owe me shit, just because I fucked him a few times, he doesn’t owe me shit.
    After being with this man 36 years, just...wow! I shouldn’t be surprised though, he’s outright called me a wh*re several times. That, along with every other hateful, deplorable, cruel things he’s said, there’s no coming back from that. Ever.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2020