1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My lack of money as a twenty six year old.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Acatholicbible, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Acatholicbible

Acatholicbible Fapstronaut

I lack a lot of money as a twenty six year old as my friends and family are paying off their parents car/house etc. and I don't have a penny to my name because I am thousands of dollars in debt because I leased my car. It's depressing. I've started to pay more attention to my money.

Chris_Cactusblossom likes this.
  2. KKS123

KKS123 Fapstronaut

Don't worry what others are doing. Focus on your own finances and getting out of debt. It's great that you started to pay more attention to your money!

HelperX and Chris_Cactusblossom like this.
  3. Wisdom comes with the years.
    Now you may have a hard time, but you have learned you better are without financial debt.
    Do you have a payed job so you are working of paying off the debt?

4. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Have you written, and are you sticking to, a budget?
    Do you have a timescale for paying off your debts? Make it realistic and based on your circumstances right now - you can change it later if you have promotion or a side business takes off, etc.

Most 26 year olds are dirt broke, just become the dirt broke guy who is in control of his finances and has a plan to get on top of things soon.

Chris_Cactusblossom likes this.
  5. Oliver Gunter

Oliver Gunter Fapstronaut

The way I like to think about money: earning more is difficult, spending less is much easier. If you have a minimalist mindset you can never be poor.

6. You've made a start a lot of people don't make.

Oliver Gunter likes this.
  7. Lizards Mousqette

Lizards Mousqette Fapstronaut

You’re 26.

I’d recommend reading some self-help finance books— the faster you get your money game together, the better. But no use in getting bent out of shape over it.

Gina3111 likes this.