1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My life has turned to a mess, I really don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Emmey, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Emmey

Emmey New Fapstronaut

I really can't help it anymore, PMO has done a great damage to me, the only thing I think about is how to satisfy my urges,I have began the process of recover many times but I always fail no matter how determined I was, I guess it's because I often feel discourage and feel depressed along the line and most time I usually have suicidal thoughts. I am really not motivated or energize to do any thing at all with my life, am 24 years old, I graduated recently.
    I was introduced to sexual perversion by my male cousin at a very young age, before I could even interpret my right from wrong, before then I didn't know what PMO was all about, i was made to do a lot of things on a regular basis and as a result I got addicted to it. So I was already into this before I heard about PMO from my friends when I was just 14 years old. I found out later that it became a way of relieve from stress, anxiety and insecurities due to my parents neglect and as a result i never felt loved.
    PMO became a way of relieving stress and depression, I eventually found pleasure in it, for as long as I wasn't hurting anyone I continued (so I thought). My compulsive behavior made me to also lure other few persons who also has pleasure in it( which I regret to this day).
    To cut the long story short since the very day I tried to stop, seeing it was making me not do well in almost every area of my life, as a result i became too timid, introverted, anti social, my grade in school then was suffering as a result of me being unable to forcus and concentrate, I always fall back whenever I think about all that has happened, how I would have become a better person if not for this s***t, most times I blame my parents. I often feel depressed and confused. Right now I really do not know what to do.

2. Keep trying. Don't blame others, not because they aren't culprits, but because it won't change anything. Don't focus on the problems, focus on how to solve them.
    And don't even think about trying to convince me of how hard your life is. Because i simply don't care.

3. Melkhiresa

Melkhiresa Fapstronaut

good to know.

Emmey likes this.
  4. Randy Andy

Randy Andy Fapstronaut

I'm really sorry bad things happened to you. It's very sad.
    I'm a sex addict too, I know the sense of ease and comfort that come from acting out or just thinking about acting out, and the much bigger shame. I had a way to postpone the shame, I would turn my brain off until I had done whatever sex act and that way I could get to "what I wanted to do" and only have to feel bad (as if I didn't want to do it) afterwards. It was kind of like "I'm going to feel like shit about this, let me feel that later right now I won't feel anything at all, then I'll feel that good feeling from sex then I'll feel like a piece of shit to make up for it.". I didn't think that out loud but it's like I knew there was a cost I just wanted to pay after rather than before. It was like saying "yeah yeah just gimme the good shit and then I'll give you the cash.".
    It's been feeling a lot better not to have any of that, to get neither the benefits not costs of pm+. Cause it wasn't a good deal. I kinda knew that before but not really, I thought life would sick without pm+. That's part of what it means to be addicted: while I'm using it seems like the best thing for me something I need but as I get further away from using I see it differently I start to see it as not a good deal. But if I use I go right back to thinking it's best for me and I need it. Weird that it isn't just about facts but perception. My ideas about pm+ change a lot depending how much I'm using pm+

Buddhabro and Emmey like this.
  5. Just because you fell depressed, maby frustrated, bad mood or something..., pmo will not help you to fell bether later and will not resolve anyone of your problems, on the contrary it will probablly help to incrase your problems later and you will add another problem to your problems.

Rome was not build in one day. Some times you need to give a litle time and start try to resolve the things one thing at a time, step by step... and pmo is one of they, and doing pmo shure it will not help you in anything... it wil only make your spiritual state, mood and energy in one bad way that will only will complicated more and more...

So if you fell in one bad mood some day... try to remember that your pmo addiction you will not help you anything to resolve anything, before the contrary.

PS:
    Everyone have is own problems, you in one way, others in other way and today can rain but dont forget that after the rain will make sun.
    The rain is the suffer and fight you have against your pmo and the sun is your fredoom and reward, benefits.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    Emmey likes this.
  6. yogic3

yogic3 Fapstronaut

hello, I am pretty much on the same boat with you,

However, I lived by myself for a long time ago and I used PMO to escape from the reality,

It screwed my life up as you mentioned, and after I got shit from the girls I've banged having an impotent dick,

I was shocked and decided to change, don't get me wrong, It takes me some time because I am addicted to it.

It made me so damn desperate and I can occasionally see some guys who are in their 40s and 50s still desperate af and look for sex with creepy smiles to girls whom they meet,

I tell myself, that's how I look if I don't stop jerking off,

Just imagine you are one of them, you will get out of the trap. you are 24? it's not late. Some people start at around 30s or 40s. I am 28 years old. You are not alone

And the best tip:

Why don't you stay away from the cue? (ex, for me, it would be coffee, smartphone and laying on the bed)

I put my phone away unless I go for working out or doing some work.

This is the best hack because we are all addicted, so we can't control ourselves when we have a cue like a smartphone or laptop,

It's hard to admit it, but once you admit it and treat yourself as an addicted patient,

That will get you somewhere you want to be

I swear never do that and Emmey like this.
  7. Emmey

Emmey New Fapstronaut

Thanks for the this tips I will do just that.

8. I swear never do that

I swear never do that Fapstronaut

I recommend that you can do some meditation every day because meditation indeed helps you see through your mind very clearly, and then will make you feel calmer and calmer as long as you do it every single day.

The first thing you need to know is that the thoughts in our head is not permanent - thoughts will fade away at the moment you notice it. So, meditation can let you sit quietly and listen to our minds. Let thoughts come and go without judgement, and you will gain some more control over our thoughts. Then, you will gradually get rid of the trap of the thoughts - especially PMO thoughts.

Hope you can read some books about meditation because even though you have known a lot of knowledge about the harm of PMO, you still need a ''method'' to help you overcome it.

I believe you will become a better person one day!

Emmey likes this.
  9. Boink

Boink Fapstronaut

Think about this: no PMO is the only medication that works for you and will make you healthy again. Those first 6:weeks are terrible, then, it will get better, slowly... but you will become better in several domains. Read the success stories. This is what will happen to you. You simply do it and you do not quit this time. I am in day 75 and I am GLAD I am already this far. I sense I have a long road to go, but I notice the benefits, although still have bad days now and then. I made progress. DO IT! You will not regrett this in the end!

GL!

10. Emmey

Emmey New Fapstronaut

Thanks a lot