1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My life is just empty and I have nothing to do

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Daredevil99, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Daredevil99

Daredevil99 Fapstronaut

My life at the moment literally consists of me getting up kinda late play xbox / watch tv pretty much all day I don't get messages off anyone these days and have literally a few friends but aren't here where I live. I basically just wake up and wait for work as I'm a waiter/ bartender. I never have any motivation to do anything now and it's horrible

2. I have been in your situation every vacation the last years. Try to motivate yourself. Best way to do is go outside and see what kind of options you have, what you can do in a day. Pick up a new habit. Because xbox maybe cool, but after a while you begin to blame yourself for the timewaste.

You don' have to quit xbox ;)

3. Indigo

Indigo Fapstronaut

You have to work against your old patterns and start venture into the unknown. Meaning that you need to do something new, even if your "old me" does not want it yet, because old habits provide comfort and feelings of security.

Enroll for a course...learn sth you like...meet new people who support and inspire you. Probably tough at the beginning coz you break through walls of old concrete.

Headspace likes this.
  4. Son_of_Iroquois

Son_of_Iroquois Fapstronaut

Here's what you need to do to get back on track:

#1: Sell your TV and Xbox as soon as possible. Get rid of them completely ASAP. These things do nothing to improve your life in a meaningful way. They are pointless escapes from reality and only serve to steal your precious time and energy which you need to conserve and invest in things that actually matter.After you eliminate these distractions, try to identify any other distractions that steal your time and energy and get rid of those as well.

#2: Sit down with a pen and a piece of paper and figure EXACTLY what it is you want out of your life. Figure out the ONE thing that would make you happy, and then list all the steps that you need to take in order to achieve that one thing. Identify not only the steps you must take to get there, but the price you must pay (in terms of time and energy) in order to achieve this core desire. Identify also any auxiliary or supporting goals that must also exist in order for this one thing to exist.

#3: Work each day on the steps you have outlined. Work everyday on achieving your vision, and monitor your progress constantly. Refine and expand your plan until it is rock solid from every conceivable angle.

That is really all there is to it.

Jilloy and ivanhoe like this.
  5. Pride

Pride Fapstronaut

I can agree with a lot of these people. We all have made what we do a habit. It is a bad one. We simply have to get rid of a bad habit. And replace it with a new one. Don't just stop your bad habit, replace it with something new. Do something else.
    I say we because I'm preaching to myself too.

6. Kyoya

Kyoya Fapstronaut

First of all, u are alive & that's it. Life is not easy. It is a struggle. There will be bad ,hard & unimaginable suffering. But u fall u get up , again u fall , again u get up . With every mistake, u become stronger, wiser. All great people all suffered, all went through pain & suffering. All fell many time that is not even countable. But do u know how they won they tried again they never gave hope. So I encourage u that every day is a new day. You have a choice. Live a life that u will be proud of. Always hope that everything will change, life will be beautiful. Do your best & forget the rest. And quitting PMO is a struggle for all of us. We should never give up. Use the pain & suffering to motivate u. To create life u will be proud of.

7. You nailed it. It's not complicated. I am not saying it's not hard :) but it's not complicated.

[​IMG]

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. Jilloy

Jilloy Guest

It´s hard work stepping out of your comfort zone. It means embracing your fears, embracing pain and all the negative stuff you used to run away from. But problems don´t go away just because you avoid them. You keep circling around time while they grow bigger and bigger. And at one point, they are big enough that you can´t avoid them any longer.
    Attack is your best defense. Step up now. Take control and responsibility. Don´t be at the whim of negative thoughts and feelings. You can do it. It will be hard, it will hurt, accept that. You can do it.

9. NICEDUDE

NICEDUDE Fapstronaut

10. Great post haha.

11. Sign up for a Marathon and get training, it will force you into a routine and give you a life worth living, Just Do It.