1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My own world

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by A Batman, Oct 7, 2016.

1. A Batman

A Batman Fapstronaut

I keep wondering what I should do get more friends? Have better conversation skills?.
    But then I realize, that the favourite company of all the great men is nothing but their own mind and silence. I love the sound of silence.

AndySky180 likes this.
  2. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Don't fully believe that. Those great men may have suffered internally but never shared that. Man was not meant to be an island.
    Do you want more friends or better, closer relationships with friends? There's a difference. You can feel alone in a crowded room. Seek those with whom you can build close relationships.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    vibemaker, AndySky180 and A Batman like this.
  3. A Batman

A Batman Fapstronaut

Thanks. I was wrong then, thanks to your words I have realized it now. Good friends do matter a lot.

4. Liverpoolfan1995

Liverpoolfan1995 Fapstronaut

If you're feeling lonely, PM me dude. I'm here for you

AndySky180 and A Batman like this.
  5. vibemaker

vibemaker Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Hey man,

i know what you mean. I think it's best to connect with people who share a similar vision or want to live a similar lifestyle. It's so frustrating to be around people you can't "identify" with at all. Like D.J. said "alone in a crowded room". Then i could really have a better party alone. In the book "Attracting Women with Honesty" Mark Manson said something like when you do activities you really like and are passionate about, you should meet there people you can build good relationships with, cause they share similar interests. Sounds legit, haha. And the best thing is the women there, will be more receptive to you as well.

A Batman likes this.
  6. Ikindaknew

Ikindaknew Fapstronaut

Find a hobby you really care about, something with a social focus and somethign that is not gender specific (or highly gender-biased).

A Batman and vibemaker like this.
  7. A Batman

A Batman Fapstronaut

Thanks man. I have decided to post on threads on nofap as a hobby, it seems social and not gender specific. :)

D . J . and xedger like this.
  8. A Batman

A Batman Fapstronaut

There are times when we know no one can connect to us except we ourselves and God. Also, there are few special things that we only can understand the real importance of. Similarly, few sacrifices that we all have done, that no one knows, sometimes not even us.
    I love these treasured memories. The times I proudly remember when I am alone (not just physically), and will when I leave my body.

D . J . likes this.