1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My philosophical thoughts on male to female attraction

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Sep 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. I have recently thought about that women are attractive in two types of ways (this is my personal experience). First there is the universal way. You know if someones 8, 9 or 10 everyone can agree on that. Everybody can see those good genes. Then the second way or thing is (I came up with this term myself) the cute factor. You can call it the subjective way but I will call it the cute factor. And that's because there are women who are below 8 and even average (though are they really average then?) who I'm more attracted to than some 8s, 9s or 10s and what makes them different is that they are cute in some mysterious way(s). Some 9 is hot but she may not have that cute factor. The thing with cute factor is that I can't point it in someone. May that be because she's closer to my status? But I've also encountered 8+s who have that cute factor. So the range is pretty large, and I doubt it's because of that. Oh and to add if someone has the cute factor I must meet them again to realize it. I don't have to talk to them or know them personally but simply pass them on the street more than once. I don't know if this is relevant at all, I just wanted to write my thoughts down. What do you think?

Deleted Account and palindromo like this.
  2. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

You should read an academic book of psychology on a basic level, they are simple and can certify your ideas. They have an chapter on ''human attraction '' and it's really interesting and scientific.

I think you 're talking about ''familiarity'' effect and its connection on human attraction. Some faces, some colors ,some behaviours remebers us people we loved.

Deleted Account and TheBigJ like this.
  3. neverpolitcallycorrect

neverpolitcallycorrect Fapstronaut

My dating experience tells me this LOOKS are not everything i have meet and dated some very attractive women and found that alot of times beauty is just skin deep . All looks and no brains or all looks and poor attitude. The true 10 has looks and a balanced attitude and some brains

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Love2LongBoard

Love2LongBoard Fapstronaut

I would consider getting rid of the "rating" all the way. Just see women for who they are. Assigning a number to a woman is a subtle form of objectification. You would do better to start thinking in terms of who they are, you will find someone that you can connect with much easier that way.

5. Well I have to disagree. When I rate someone's looks it doesn't mean I only care about their looks. If you say someone is good looking or beautiful or cute that's the same thing only more abstract. When you assign a number for their looks it's easier to process it with the left brain.

Of course they aren't. I was talking only about physical attraction. But nowadays modern women are too often narcissistic and can't self-reflect or think about others. So most of them can only bring their looks to the table. And for the ones who are ready to call me misogynistic pig; it's not really their fault, yes it's their responsibility to fix that, but the environment they've grown up in has caused it. Like if you abuse a child the child will probably become violent and toxic. It's not the child's fault. And it's not ALL women, only the majority.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2020
  6. Tommy34

Tommy34 Fapstronaut

Can't agree more!

7. SoaringEagle

SoaringEagle Fapstronaut

I think an important factor should also be genetic compatibility.
    It is possible that you can sense somehow if this potential mate is the right one for you, you know that not everyone will consider her super attractive but deep down you know she is the right one for you. It's as if your genes tell you I want to mix with the genes of that chick LOL :D

Or perhaps on a spiritual level, your souls match up or something and you can feel it.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  8. Tommy34

Tommy34 Fapstronaut

I agree, lot of people just fall in love at first sight. Based on looks for 2 or 3 mutual interests. This is the wrong way to go about it.

9. Yeah "falling in love" is a ridiculous concept. If you fall in "love" with anyone be prepared for hard love life. Mainstream love is a blatant lie.

10. Shouldn't it be called "fall in lust"? Or whatever else? Cuz it certainly ain't love if you happen to catch it just cuz of someone's skin/facial bones/something else.

thinking_differently and Tommy34 like this.
  11. That cute factor, as vague as you're being about articulating it- might be what you call charm (or even in some cases, the "it"-factor).
    Some people have "it." Many people don't.