1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My posts get very little attention

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by AChosenPeople, Oct 26, 2017.

1. AChosenPeople

AChosenPeople Fapstronaut

I don't realy think it's just in my head, but why do normal posts of people get hundreds of views and lots of engages, like 20-30 comments per post and 500 views for posting some in my opinion low quality content, and when I post something I get very few views and engages. Is my accound limited or something? Or are people geniunenly not interested in my Post Title and therefore not click on it? Opinions? Moderators are also free to comment on this post.

MLMVSS and lantti like this.
  2. lantti

lantti Fapstronaut

You might post at the wrong time, and your post gets flooded, it might also be that people are not interested enough or those people that would are not online when you post. It might be that your posts are boring. Or too long, hence boring, or too short, hence useless/boring.

Also give us some links so we can value your posts. I myself am interested in many things. Also take a like to help with the depression:)

Gotham Outlaw and AChosenPeople like this.
  3. AChosenPeople

AChosenPeople Fapstronaut

I find my posts geniunenly interesting and in no way too long, maybe a little shorter because I hate wasting my and other peoples' time. Maybe I should try some catchier Headlines.

4. Minsc

Minsc Fapstronaut

I get the impression that posting meaningless posts, just for the attention, would become meaningless.

5. There are no limits placed on users that would impact the number of replies/attention that posts receive. From an administration standpoint, we're not doing anything to restrict you.

6. hej då

hej då Fapstronaut

From what I've noticed, majority of the post are ignored, not just yours.

WorthyYeti and Deleted Account like this.
  7. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I try to respond to topics that I have a say on, or ones that I see. I don't intend to ignore anyone here or their status (I like to read up on people's updates), but sometimes I get caught up in other duties.

No offense intended!

WorthyYeti and Hopefulgirl like this.
  8. Some of my threads have been ignored or hardly anyone has commented, I guess it depends what things are said. Sometimes I go into weird mood and start silly threads and really the only member who comments on them is @wethebest :emoji_grinning: If I'm serious though it usually gets at least 6 responses.

With all due respect it doesn't matter if you think your posts are interesting, it's what other people think of them.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2017
  9. TheLoneDanger

TheLoneDanger Fapstronaut

I would say that any type of thread which has already been exhausted, such as wet dream threads, side effects from NoFap threads, or even challenge threads, probably won’t get a lot of looks since those threads seem to regenerate themselves every week or so.

It’s not easy to come up with something real and original that’s going to garner interest in these forums. Don’t feel like it’s just you because not everyone’s able to start a conversation that just takes off.

I hate to say it, but the most popular threads involve hot button issues, or even hot takes, which are deliberately provocative opinions based on shallow generalizations in order to attract attention. But I have a lot more respect for someone who has something deep to say (or even nothing at all) rather than selling out on a hot take just for a view/comment count.

Chris3000 and Deleted Account like this.
  10. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

I was just going to say that. Controversial opinions bring lots of attention, usually negative attention. People around here just can’t resist going to great lengths attempting to prove you wrong if they disagree with you. How dare someone think differently. :p

11. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Become and write like @Deadlihood and no one will ignore you.

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. Hahaha

There are two important rules for getting lots of likes/attention on nofap

1) shitpost
    2) be a girl

13. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Heh, most of the “girls” here are just guys playing pretend.

2525 likes this.
  14. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Me, joins nofap to quit objectifying women -> stalks women section...

Deadlihood likes this.
  15. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Don't lie I know Deadlihood gets preferential treatment.

16. What time do you post? Does anyone follow you? What are your post titles/content? How many times a day are you posting? Do you comment on other people's posts? How often?

All these factors can influence the attention your posts get.

17. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

That’s irrelevant since this is a global forum. You could look at the “Members Online Now” (box on the index page of the forum) at any time of the day or night & there will be a huge paragraph of names showing at all times.

18. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

I refer you to my posts on the 'Obliteration of the Ego".:D

https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.p...-obliteration-of-the-ego.136550/#post-1095269

19. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

@Jewels

Deleted Account and Poseidon like this.
  20. IggyIshness

IggyIshness Fapstronaut

You got to be kidding me

Deleted Account likes this.