1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My vegetarian homies, food advice

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Thechosenone, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Thechosenone

Thechosenone Fapstronaut

Fellow vegetarians, mostly applies to those brought up as vegetarian. While on nofap you need to have a diet that makesup for not eating meat. This is of paramount.importance.

Because nofap gives us juiced up feeling, the people that eexperience most of the benefits are meat eaters or have been meat eaters in the past.

I have low energy compared to others, I get anxious to leave situations because I have a poor diet that doesnt serve me. It leaves me lacking energy. Since starting nofap my need to retreat was taken away from me, hence the gates are open I just need to see myseld tbrough by eatinf properly.

My plan is to drink 2x glass of soy milk a day ans have a handfull of nuts 2x a day to make up for these defiencies.

Its a shame to think of those wasted opportunities because I didnt have enough energy to see me through, to stay back with friends or have fun even.

Im writing this post because I grew taller very fast during my.late teens and since have found energy lacking.

Vegetarians we have no excuses we have to make up for the things we dont get in meat, lets do this mate!

2. Calm

Calm Fapstronaut

SE4N THEE likes this.
  3. Calm

Calm Fapstronaut

Dude it sounds like you aren't eating healthy at all lol.

You shouldn't be lacking anything to be blunt.

Thechosenone likes this.
  4. Thechosenone

Thechosenone Fapstronaut

My cultural diet is limited in nutrition, im indian. My parents.cook me whatever, theyregonna eat and i dont like many of.the dishes bar a few.

Ive had to come to my senses on this because my parents haven't, the basic thing I expect from food is nourishment not empty spiced foods. I barely had any protien growing up and it sucked.

Im happy to say im understanding what I need now, im pissed that they didnt have th knowledge of food to be giving me as I was growing. Im 22 ffs.

My new diet has a handful of nuts and a glass of milk everyday, hopefully twice now.

Im already starting to.feel better, but it sucks that I wasted so much time eating virtually nothing in attempt.to please my parents efforts.

Bought some soy milk, gonna have that twice daily, in the evening im gonna have an omeltte with some veg.

Calm likes this.
  5. Calm

Calm Fapstronaut

How about dark leafy greens like spinach, kale, collards, dandelion, etc.?

How about beans and whole grains like lentils, rice, chickpeas, masalas?

I understand now your parents misfed you growing up, that must be hard to overcome after all these years.

My parents allowed me to develop a sex and masturbation habit beginning in kindgarden if not preschool, do you know how much energy I wasted since I was 4 or 5 until 19 years old man?

Grow strong and move forward brother!

Thechosenone likes this.
  6. Thechosenone

Thechosenone Fapstronaut

Thats young man...wow
    I eat spinach eeveryfridayand saturday evening

I eat bit of bistro salad with every meal it has beetroot and some other greens, im also eating greens with my curry mixed in haha
    I have lentil soup once a week

I appreciate your support man, im not gonna make this mistake when I raise my kids!

Calm likes this.
  7. krowned

krowned Fapstronaut

You need to detail your diet a little bit.
    So far, the only advice i could give is to add more fruits in your diet.

Calm likes this.
  8. Calm

Calm Fapstronaut

9. krowned

krowned Fapstronaut

Basic day to me:

breakfast:
    -1/2 litter of water + 2 bananas or 1 litter of home made limonade or shake of banana+ananas+lemon+ginger

Noon and evening meal (generally i cook enough for 2 to 4 meals):
    -Root veggies (yams, pakalas, sweet potatoes, potatoes etc) steamed or boiled
    -Watery veggies (tomatoes, cucumber, zucchini, Cauliflower, broccoli etc) steamed or raw
    -Plant seeds (peas & beans basically) boiled or fried
    -Home made raw spicy sauce (ginger, cury, chilli pepper etc)
    -shrooms and seagrasses, fried or baked
    -Black/brown rice, couscous, pasta (not often)
    -Raw avocados or steamed/fried green/yellow plantains

I make sure i have at least 4 out of these 7 groups every meal, it mostly depends on the cooking process, the time it takes, or how hungry i am.
    I also try to eat less than the noon, in the evening.

-Any fruits for dessert if i'm hungry or some water
    -Nuts if i got the munchies between meals or some water because most time that's what the body really ask

That works for me, been on that diet 7 years and i never felt better...

Thechosenone and Calm like this.
  10. SE4N THEE

SE4N THEE Fapstronaut

Have you looked into any sort of protein supplements, like protein powder? I LIVE off that stuff. Just food for thought :)

11. Calm

Calm Fapstronaut

Ye are also a vegan then?

12. krowned

krowned Fapstronaut

It's close, i'm following a strict form of the I-tal diet (rastafarian vegetarian), no flesh, no meat, no dairy
    but contrary to the strictest form, i use salt and sugar, don't cook in pottery nor use wooden utensils.
    In my island people don't really know about véganism but they know about I-tal diet.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    Calm likes this.
  13. Calm

Calm Fapstronaut

Ah nice man!

14. Calm

Calm Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

@krowned just came across this song the other day!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  15. Calm

Calm Fapstronaut

What kind of protein powders do you like?

My favorite plant-based protein powder is a tie between Vega and Beyond Raw Organic Sprouted Protein.

Also Healthforce Nutritionals Warrior Food is top of the line.

None of them are cheap unfortunately.

16. Thechosenone

Thechosenone Fapstronaut

Yup theresone called Spirutein 3 its like proper vegan protein, it has spirulina chia seeds and vchick pea protein. One serving has 14g, but I found having it by itself with minimal exercise made me gain weight but also made me a but fat and lethargic compared to the skinny me lol

I wanna eat protein ideally, its better to get calories from food too,iI drink it on the days I work out.

But for now im gonna drink 2x soy milk a day and have a handful of nuts with a bagel and toast in th morning.
    2x slics brown toast 8g protein
    2x glass of soy milk 9g
    Handuk nuts 5g
    Bagel 10g
    Slice of.cheese and humous in bagel 17g

That about 50g which is decent start! I had abiut 85g yday I had an omlette.for.dinned

Calm likes this.
  17. Thechosenone

Thechosenone Fapstronaut

Thats Actually brilliant .you get it all in and the meal sounds tasty too, I guess you opicksome ccategories, mix thrm together and add the sauce to make it a sort of.mixed veg curry?

I may tell my folks.to.start doi.g thesame

Sorry my phones keyboard is atrocious

18. krowned

krowned Fapstronaut

Exactly, the other day i wasn't in the mood to cook a lot so i made
    -2 medium dasheen roots
    -4 tomatos and some broccolis
    -lentils
    -lemon+garlic+sweet pepper+grape seed oil sauce+sea salt
    -1 avocado + 1 yellow plantain mashed together (the bananas gotta be not too yellow not too green)
    Basically I just steamed the dasheens, broccolis and the plantain all together, i make sure everything is not too steamed cause i like my veggies crunchy (20 mins) at the same time i made the lentils also put a lil bit of sweet pepper when it was almost done cooked (20mins)
    dasheens can be bitter sometimes that why i use sweet pepper and salt in this sauce, lemon+garlic+oil taste good on watery veggies generally, the sauce took like 10 mins to make, the tomatos and avocado stayed raw.
    total time: around 20 mins and i had 2 full plate meals with that

After eating i had 1 mango and 2 glass of water.

With the years, i learned how to mix everything to make it taste good

I use curry and ginger when i pan fry cheakpeas and curcuma with white beans, most time.

Calm likes this.
  19. A reggae song about vegetarian food! Two of my favorite things! :D

krowned and Calm like this.
  20. Calm

Calm Fapstronaut