1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My ways to use time

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by mreffekt, Dec 15, 2015.

1. mreffekt

mreffekt Fapstronaut

Hey guys, I´m now a week and half clean now. I decided to use my free time and energy learning programming and reading the books I´ve always wanted to read. Maybe soon I´ll start exercising o doing some sort of physical activity. ¿What else you recommend?... And guys, thanks for the advice and inspiration. I hope to keep active in the forum.

PureStrength and Deleted Account like this.
  2. oooo

oooo Fapstronaut

This is what i do currently:
    • Meditating
    • Learning Spanish
    • Reading books
    • Cold showers
    • Watching at least on TED TALKS daily
    • Workout
    • Using a mantra

WarriorScarr and mreffekt like this.
  3. mreffekt

mreffekt Fapstronaut

I know my avatar is meditating, but I don´t know how to do it!! :D:p

AlltheRageBackHome and oooo like this.
  4. oooo

oooo Fapstronaut

5. Nice to have you with us.
    You should try maybe signing up to a gym. Definitely take up meditation too. It's not complex or difficult. All you do is just stay/lay or whatever in peace and silence and try not to let any thoughts pass by. Just gently allow them to diminish. This takes practice, but just keep going and you get the hang of it after a while.

It sounds like you're doing well already though. Keep up the good work.

mreffekt likes this.
  6. BackToManhood

BackToManhood Fapstronaut

It's great that you're taking up programming! I would recommend you start app development right away. Envision an app (maybe a more simple one at first), and then learn the steps it takes to develop it. It doesn't matter if it's been done already or not. If you build it yourself from the ground up, it's a great thing to be able to show to potential employers.

Having this end goal in mind will give you motivation, and along the way you'll start to get more ideas about different kinds of apps/programs/etc. Once you start getting some more unique ideas you could even start publishing to the app store.

I tell you these things, because this is my plan for myself exactly. Once I get some free time.. :p

mreffekt likes this.
  7. plongeur

plongeur Fapstronaut

Learn juggling!
    [​IMG]

It's relaxing and very helpful for shifting your focus away from "something".

mreffekt likes this.
  8. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

Sleep/Nap: I'm not kidding. Back when I started my first streak and joined I saw how easy it was for me to go past 12 am or later trying to find a perfect clip. These days I sleep more and I nap sometimes during the weekends. It's really helpful.

Learn to cook: It'll assist in your survival as well, and girls love a guy who can cook.

mreffekt likes this.