1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My Yellow Teeth Makes Me Lack Confidence

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Anon117, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Anon117

Anon117 Fapstronaut

I go to college right now, and although I'm not looking for a relationship until next fall...(which isn't so far away now)...it seems like nearly everyone has white teeth except for me. And yellow teeth seems like a pretty universal concept (at least in California) of something different, against the norm, and gross. Other than my teeth I fit in with the crowd. I have enough social skills to hide my nervousness when talking to women. But I have such low confidence when talking to women because I feel like I'm constantly on display to try and impress them...even though I'm not looking for a relationship right now. My teeth always hold me back. I catch myself trying to hide them sometimes by not laughing too hard. There are so many beautiful women on campus and when I talk to them I can't help but be attracted to them. I have much better teeth brushing habits going on a month now, but I don't know if I'll ever get white teeth from most of my childhood of not brushing.

Is the real problem that I'm trying to impress every woman my age? Or do I need to get white teeth and then I will feel more confident? Or both?

2. If they are your natural teeth then you can use whitening products or have them professionally whitened at a reasonably affordable price.

3. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

No more black tee, black coffee, smoking(!) and and then buying whitening toothpaste is a good start.

Gotham Outlaw and Anon117 like this.
  4. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

Oh yes CA everyone has very white teeth, almost unnaturally so, particularly in LA. If it’s something that particularly bothers you, then do something about it. The crest white strips are reasonable and work quite well. You can get coupons online for them too, or CVS often has coupons plus sale. You could also save up to get professional whitening. Put a dollar a day in a fund. Then of course you have to prevent it in the future, so no smoking, no soda, no coffee, no red wine. If you must drink these things (I know most do) use a straw, and brush your teeth immediately after. I will say that your teeth are probably not half as bad as you think they are. We always think our flaws are worse than other people actually see them. But yours is a fairly easy fix.

Gotham Outlaw and Anon117 like this.
  5. jorg78

jorg78 Fapstronaut

If you are worried about yellow teeth, then buy some activated charcoal powder and put them on your toothbrush. Do 3x / week. Thank me in 2-3 weeks :)

GG2002 likes this.
  6. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

That stuff does work!

7. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

I was bugged about the colour of my teeth, too. I went to a community college for a cleaning and exam, and they were able to make the casting and molds of my teeth for pretty cheap! Now I have trays, and can get the whitening treatments the dentist does, all for a fraction of the price.

GG2002 likes this.
  8. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

That’s great. My teeth got really crooked after my wisdom teeth came in, but I could never afford braces. It made me so insecure. So now I am wearing Invisalign cause I can afford it, and my teeth already look great after 4 months. Guess what no one noticed even my close friends. They were like I never noticed your teeth were crooked! So yes it’s important for yourself to do these things, but usually we are our own worst critics.

9. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

I have a front tooth that's turned off-centre, and I've always been a little self-conscious of it (though no one has ever commented on it). But my girlfriend has the same tooth turned - so when we kiss, we fit together perfectly! :D:emoji_couple_with_heart:

Deleted Account and GG2002 like this.
  10. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

That’s awesome. It just goes to show that the right person will love all of you, even the things you perceive as flaws!

11. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

No one I know wants to try these but they're amazing. It only took me 3 or 4 days before people started commenting how much better my teeth looked.

GG2002 likes this.