1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

NaNoWriMo 2019

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Hros, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Anybody going to try doing NaNo this year? I'm probably not going to have enough time to actually write enough each day, but I'll use the month to hopefully give my novel a major push.

2. I am! ^_^ I'm kind of thinking the same. Idk if I'll hit the full 50,000, but it will at least hopefully help me write more than usual. I'm not sure my current WIP is developed enough (outline-wise) to start hardcore drafting. But I'm going to give it a shot, and try just pantsing the rest for now. It might be terrible, but hey, you can't edit a blank page.

Hros and Deleted Account like this.
  3. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

No. I tried Camp NaNoWriMo last year and failed. I was sort of friends with the leader of the cabin I was in but now I avoid her because I feel ashamed of how I failed. NaNoWriMo never helps me.

4. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

You sure you're not taking it a bit too hard? It's only a one-month book-writing challenge...

5. Don't be so hard on yourself, man! It's supposed to be a fun way to stay motivated to write. I don't think anyone who does nano "fails" exactly. Not meeting the 50,000 word goal isn't a failure.

Hros likes this.
  6. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

BTW, for those who don't know, NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month, which takes place during November of each year. The basic idea is to write a novel in one month. Nowadays its become a world-wide event. You can check it out here: https://www.nanowrimo.org/
    Not too late to sign up :)

Deleted Account likes this.