1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Need advice - Fixing Sleep cycle

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Kratos_GOW, Jul 7, 2022.

1. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

So here is the current scenario with me.
    1. My internal clock is messed for the longest time, Like i fall asleep really late around 3 to 4 some times 5AM.
    2. I can do with 5 - 6 hours of sleep.
    3. I have tried to go to bed at early like 10.30 to 11 etc but all the time its mostly me changing sides with insomnia kicking in.
    4. I tried meditation, relaxing but it doesnt exactly let me fall asleep.

I would really like some advice on how to fix internal sleep cycle and get good quality sleep. Thanks

2. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

First off, you should avoid using sleep medicine for prolonged periods of time. They help for a few weeks, because they open the door to dependence and other chaos. Instead, try chamomile tea in the evening about an hour before sleep. It’s nonaddictive and doesn’t form dependence in any way similar to sleeping pills.

Make sure you’re done with electronics an hour before sleep also, and spend that last hour doing something relaxing for the mind like meditating or even reading. Other than medical issues, an overactive mind is one reason why insomnia happens.

Also, know that your rhythm won’t magically change overnight. You’ll need a ton of responsibility to change the hour you sleep.

I think your issues sound more behavioral than an actual medical condition, but if you find that nothing you do is helping, you could always have a check-up.

Kratos_GOW likes this.
  3. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

Thank a lot. this tea you are referring to is this something you can make home or you get from market?
    I will try my best in the electronics, the thing is i have to study on laptop as it has notes etc and they are mostly on electronics.
    Yes, i know i have to do the discipline daily, i tried the all nighter strategy but it didnt really work.
    How do you deal with overactive mind?
    you can say this has turned into habit and doesnt need medication in any way.

4. ganim3d3s

ganim3d3s Fapstronaut

I had a similar problem, youll need quit caffeine after past 12:00 and get a morning routine, i started jounaling in the morning, when i wake up i jump of the bed and go stright to my journal, i learn this from "the artist way" of Julia Cameron, i stronglly recomended, also, in the night try to wash your dishes and read a little, avoid watching netflix and grab your phone.

Right now my sleep cycle is okay, i never wake up after 7:30. Even tough i am failling in a lot of things that i recomended to you, but i will get back to it. So, is a behavioural problem, youll need to change your habits, and this take at least 3 weeks

And get tired during day also help, good look! Dont push yourself so hard

Kratos_GOW likes this.
  5. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

Thanks man. This journaling thing you mentioned, is it motivation enough to just jump out of bed?
    I did see some instance when i had to do somethig very important or go somewhere very early in the morning i would get up instantly. Cant seem to reignite the feeling.
    looks like i have to find a Training schedule to get tired.

6. ganim3d3s

ganim3d3s Fapstronaut

I aint jounaling lately becouse i get back to colleage this semester. But i will get back next week when the midterms end, and i get free time. Well, im procrastinating right now, so, i have time to do journalling, ok, im rambling

When i started journalling was great, i sugested "the artist way" becouse the morning pages are the greatest tool to release your creativity. You need to write 3 pages everyday, even if you dont want, or you dont have nothing to say, when you pass a page and ahalf you conect with your intuition and just flow, its like get in the zone.

I strongly recomend it, its better than wake up and get right to the training, youll need a lot of strenght and discipline. If you journalling you put your thought in paper instead of stay in bed for hours rambling in your thoughts. If you are an overthinker anxious person like me i recomend it. And make sure of make your journal a safe private space

Kratos_GOW likes this.
  7. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

Thanks i will try that.