1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Need advice for skin and hair improvement

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by astroCode, Feb 12, 2018.

After a relapse I experience dry skin, acne, and brittle facial and head hair.

1. Yes

55.6%
  2. No

11.1%
  3. Sometimes

33.3%
  1. astroCode

astroCode New Fapstronaut

Hey everyone!

I'm a 19-year-old male and currently on a 4-day hardmode streak. I try to live a moderately healthy lifestyle by eating somewhat healthy, drinking plenty of water, weightlifting 5-6 times a week, and getting 7-8 hours of sleep daily. Although, my sleeping schedule varies often. Also, I supplement daily with Multivitamin, Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Calcium, and Zinc.

I've experienced some of the emotional and physical benefits that become more apparent on 20-30+ day streaks. I assume this is because semen gets reabsorbed into the body and therefore revitalizes you for the purpose of attracting a mate.

Anyways, after a relapse I experience dry skin, mild facial acne, and brittle facial and head hair. I'd appreciate advice on what I can due to combat this until my body starts healing itself.

Thanks.

2. Arvid Vuze

Arvid Vuze Fapstronaut

You may not like this lol but I'd recommend cold showers man. I live in the northern states and the cold winter make my skin extremely dry and itchy. Cold showers keep my skin moisturized. Also ive been using vibrant skin chewies from target, and vitamin e lotion on my face. Works for me. good luck

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Hufflekid

Hufflekid Fapstronaut

I'm sure it probably does have an impact, but I doubt it's as significant as you think it is. Especially if it's a short relapse.

Here's what I'd say:

1. Watch out for multi-vitamins. They're almost always synthetic.
    2. Try to get more nutrient-rich foods so you don't need supplements.
    3. Avoid processed foods and grains as much as possible.

4. I currently am having excellent luck with Nivea daytime/Nightline cream for sensitive skin.
    Cold showers and diet change never really helped me, but accutane did. Completely balanced out my skin. (I only recommend that if you bad acne) now I just do basic maitenence

5. UnitCircular

UnitCircular Fapstronaut

I echo what the other people have posted: cold showers.

6. Eat a diet that’s healthy and rich in antioxidants. Avoid heavily fried food and too much refined sugar. Workout and make sure u get a sweat, you will be sweating out toxins. Better yet you could go in a sauna but make sure you are supplementing properly because you will sweat out nutrients. Cold showers have also improved my skin and hair.