1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Need an advice on my healthy diet

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Hello everyone!

Thanks to NoFap I feel much better now. But there's no limit for improvement! So I decided to improve my eating habits. I know basic rules, how to track your calories etc. But I'm sure there are lots of pifalls, that are not describied on health sites and magasines.

So I want everyone who has some experience to write down some advices. What shoold you avoid? How to balance your diet? Are there any tips and lifehacks? I hope to get some information to start my recovery way stress-free.

Thank you!

2. Mavricko

Mavricko Fapstronaut

I like high protein high fat low carb diet, zero caffeine

ShyMonk555 likes this.
  3. HegHeu

HegHeu Fapstronaut

Have you heard about fasting and its wonderful effects maybe you want to do more research about it.

4. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

Avoid processed, fast foods. Avoid sugar. Eat green vegetables, fruits. Drink water. I tried intermittent fasting, was god, might return to it. Try eating more, but in less amounts. What helps me avoid junkfood or sodas, is thinking about the shit they put in there and how it will affect my muscle gains :D

5. Eat real food. Stay away from processed sugars. Fast often. Drink water. Lots of veggies. Eat organic if/when you can.

6. Superadders

Superadders Fapstronaut

Forget the diet fads and quick fixes.

Advice is simple - keep your diet clean and balanced. The eat well plate is a good starting point. So many people have poor diets and lifestyles because they do not get the basics right. Eat plenty of whole grains (rather than processed carbs), 5+ portions of fruit and veg, some quality protein and dairy, with small amounts of fatty/sugary foods.

Do NOT skip breakfast. Drink plenty of water. Alcohol in moderation. I personally wouldnt recommend any kind of fasting - messes up with body's metabolism. You need a continual supply of nutrients for the body to function optimally.

Depends on what goals you might have. You may be looking to build muscle, in which case eat more calories. Or lose some fat, in which case eat less.

7. Opportunity For Better

Opportunity For Better Fapstronaut

Avoid processed foods. If eating these foods, buy organic. You can eat more organic foods, but those are the main ones with issues. These foods don't matter so much. I'd also add organic meat to the organic shopping list ⏤ or at least meat that's farmed as close to how animals would survive in nature (hormone-free, grass-fed beef, etc.). In fact, if I could only buy one category of food as organic, I'd buy organic meat, because toxins concentrate further up the food chain (which is why large predatory fish have more mercury).

Other than that, listen to your body after you've been eating healthily for several months to tweak your diet to suit you. Some people do better with more vegetables and less meat, some people do better without grains, etc.