1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help badly to overcome fear and negativity associated with certain numbers

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Oct 30, 2019.

1. I don't know why and how, but it happens to me that I get anxious when something associated with numbers 3, 6, 7 and the numbers containing the above the digits like 23, 26, 27, 33, 36, 37.....appear somewhere. I know it's nonsense to worry about these numbers, but i get anxious for no reason. This is getting worse as i avoid these numbers. I cannot keep on doing this all my life. Plz tell me how can I handle this problem . I'll be very grateful for your help.
    Thankyou.

2. Remember that no thought can influence the real life. They only exist in your mind, like your anxieties. It's only words and actions that can make a change but thoughts won't change anything. :)

Coffee Candy and Deleted Account like this.
  3. Thanks buddy for your encouraging words. I'll give my best and overcome this problem.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

It sounds like you may have ocd. You may find it helpful to talk to someone about your issues, but it is expensive so there are many things you can do to help yourself. I find CBT helpful, I can recommend the book 'Stop Worrying: Get Your Life Back on Track with CBT', which I found in my local library. It has daily CBT exercises you can do to help get over your fixations. As well as lots of other useful information, coping techniques, etc.
    Equally there are lots of forums online, facebook groups etc, for ocd sufferers to share their issues, if you feel such a thing might be helpful.