1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Need some advice and/or ideas

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Tapey, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Tapey

Tapey Fapstronaut

So I've gotten my relapses down significantly during the day. I almost never even think of PMOing. The problem I have is at night when I am about to sleep. My busy day is over and nobody else is around. Any suggestions of things to do to get my mind away from P and PMO during the night. This is the only time I seem to relapse and struggle. Any help would be appreciated. Keep fighting fapstronauts!

2. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

This can be a difficult one to break. Many have associated masturbation and onset of sleep together. As the famous saying goes, when neurons fire together they wire together. If this has been your habit for long period of time, this can be challenging. I sometimes struggle with this as well. Here are some suggestions:
    1. Only go to bed when you are very tired
    2. If you can't sleep, get out of bed and do something else. Avoid anything that may arouse you.
    3. Optimize your sleeping environment. No screens, no light, make sure the ambient temperature is slightly cold.
    4. Try taking a warm bath before going to sleep.
    5. gratitude journal before going to bed, review your goals and life creed

Hope this helps. Good luck. You may have some restless nights at first. It will only get easier as you progress further. Anything good in life requires effort. Stay strong.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. What @taqwa said, as an optional twist: I have periods where I jump on the treadmill, take a cold shower and then go to bed.
    In the end sleeping shorter and deeper is solves this problem and boosts your day way more than sleeping longer and lighter

4. Even I have this issue.
    Habit of jerking before sleeping.
    Every night my junk expects me to do it, keeps getting hard.

The way out is to tire yourself during the day, work and exercise.
    Cold shower
    Just try to clear mind when you go to bed.
    I immediately grab 2 pillows and hug them to sleep so that my hands don't wander.

5. Tapey

Tapey Fapstronaut

I'm feeling good tonight, thanks for the feedback and support. I'll have to try some of these