1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Need some advice concerning the whole dating thing

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by BlackKnight, May 9, 2016.

1. BlackKnight

BlackKnight Fapstronaut

So, I like this girl a lot and I need some help with what I should do to ask her out.
    Should I just go up to her and just say the words, or something memorable?
    Also I need help with just understanding females my age(17) in general

DannyCool likes this.
  2. DannyCool

DannyCool Fapstronaut

What I do know is that they want to be kissed on the first date otherwise there is no second date!

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. letter

letter Distinguished Fapstronaut

My Journal
    A lot depends on where you personally fall in line with fate vs free-will. If you believe that there is only one true soul mate for you, take your time and make it perfect. If you believe instead that there are multiple good partners, then you've got little to lose so just give it your best and see what happens.

Or, how much do you want her? Are you going to be okay if she rejects you?

4. BlackKnight

BlackKnight Fapstronaut

I feel as if I'm in love with her. The thing is, I have known her for 3 years and had a crush on her my freshman yea, but due to insecurities never acted upon it. I believe it would take me a while to get over the rejection.

5. ET3

ET3 Guest

Better to try and get rejected then never try and always wonder and regret what could have been. At least, that's my philosophy. When I asked out my fiancée I just said, "I like you alot", and I was lucky enough she liked me too. There's really nothing more to it. Just let your good qualities shine and be yourself. If she expects you to be any different then who you are she's not worthy of your love. Basically what I'm saying is do everything in your power to be the best person possible, be a gentleman, if she likes you, awesome, if she doesn't, it might hurt for a hit but eventually you'll find someone who does.

6. Lacrossemofo

Lacrossemofo Fapstronaut

Just take a chance and go talk to her. Who knows she could secretly like you too and is just waiting for you to make the first move. If you get rejected its okay.. Atleast you will know so you can find someone even better for you.

7. Machin

Machin Fapstronaut

Rejection is better than regret.
    You think too much, and you better work on your insecurities.
    And working on your insecurities means, in a certain way, that you'll have to be rejected to understand that it's not that bad to be rejected and that you will survive...

If you want to really understand women, read Rollo Tomassi's books.
    But honestly, you won't like it.
    Many people wish they didn't read those books, either because they think it's crap, or because they can't get it out of their head and their entire vision of the world is ruined.
    And honestly, that's the price to understanding women...

8. letter

letter Distinguished Fapstronaut

My Journal
    That's a tough one. Chances are that you are in the friend-zone, add to that, you've got 3 years that you've put into this relationship. Even if you find a way to woo her, you're already far ahead of where she is or where she'll be able to get to in a reasonable amount of time.

May be good to employ some kind of tactic to find out how she feels about you before making any moves. If you are bold, you can ask her directly: "Hey, have you ever thought about... you and I?" A confession likely won't work and may only serve to damage your friendship. Been there, done that.

The friend-zone can be broken through, but, you're gonna have to be on your A-game. If you don't know what you are doing, your chances of success are small. Maybe try anyways, but keep in mind that this may end up being a learning experience for you.

9. elpamfael

elpamfael Fapstronaut

If your shy on dating, the mere act of asking a girl out is an accomplishment on its own. Make that your goal, asking her out, if you succeed in asking (she doesn't even have to reply) you'll have succeeded in your goal and you'll have grown a step towards the person you want to become.

The how sort of depends on how well you know her now, if you sometimes talk to her our not. Whatever the case may be, fit it in a casual conversation, and ask with confidence. Avoid putting yourself on the spot too much by saying you're all ready doing something this weekend and she can tag along if she wants e.g. need to get this or that in the mall, you can come with and help me choose if you want, see you've got a good taste in shoes anyway.

10. BlackKnight

BlackKnight Fapstronaut

Well in truth, I've known her since kindergarten, but she mkved away after that, and then I truly met her in freshman year, and then hadn't talked to her until this year, when we hung out a lot. But recently I got on her bad side because I said to her sister's boyfriend that I wasn't gonna "get it in", and the next day she went off on me, and I apologizeed but then today I found out that I'm still on her bad side. I don't know what to do, and at a loss on ideas.

11. BlackKnight

BlackKnight Fapstronaut

What kind of signs does a girl show if she's interested in you, and wants you to possibly ask her out?

12. Moogie

Moogie Fapstronaut

There is a lot of information on YouTube about this.

13. BlackKnight

BlackKnight Fapstronaut

What can I do to gain confidence in myself?

14. Most people need a bit of a reframe on rejection. We're scared of rejection because we don't like the idea of not being with this person we like.

Let's face it though. You're not with that person right now. So a better way to look at it, is we start off in a state of rejection. Then, when we express our interest in the person, it can go one of two ways: We can stay rejected, in which case nothing is lost or changed.. or, if things go well, we can get out of rejection, and have a shot with them.

If you think of it like that, then the perpetual rejection of never asking/expressing your feelings is far worse, and you'll be able to muster the courage to tell them how you feel.

There's a quote I love. I'm para-phrasing so it might not be exact, but:
    "You fail 100% of the things you never attempt"

The easiest way to fail with a girl is to simply never express your interest. She could get into a relationship tomorrow and it'd be too late. She could move away and it'd be too late. A lot can change in a short time. The time to act is now. Tell her how you feel.

If you're worried about it ruining your friendship, then be lighthearted about it. Bring up the fact that you kind of have a crush on her, in a lighthearted jokey manner. Even if she isn't into you, she'll probably find it cute, and the two of you can laugh about it later as friends.

BlueDevil likes this.
  15. BlackKnight

BlackKnight Fapstronaut

So I'm trying to end things with this one girl that I have been doing things with, and I don't want to hurt her feelings, and I don't know what exactly to say.

16. couldn't agree with this more.
    Rejection will almost not matter, especially not when you're 17.
    I'm now approaching 23, when I was your age, I claimed I had met the girl of my dreams every time I had a crush.
    Last year I had sex with 20 different women and I found there can be more than one 'girl of my dreams'
    The point is, you have to give it a go, but if you put too much pressure on yourself about one particular girl, you won't go.