1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Need some advice/help?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Woody4, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Woody4

Woody4 Fapstronaut

Hey guys,

I have recently posted stating that I will be starting a very strict fitness routine not to loose weight but to build muscle, and I have some questions for you guys.

Currently right now I'm only lifting 12kg dumbells and trying to work my way up to 20-30kg

Monday - Arms (Bicep Curls, Diamond Push Ups, Tricep Dips) 10 sets of 12 reps
    Tuesday - Legs (Dumbell Squats, Dumbell lunges) 10 sets of 12 reps / steady evening run (20-30mins)
    Wednesday - Arms (Bicep Curls, Diamond Push Ups, Tricep Dips) 10 sets of 12 reps
    Thursday - Legs (Dumbell Squats, Dumbell lunges) 10 sets of 12 reps / steady evening run (20-30mins
    Friday - Arms (Bicep Curls, Diamond Push Ups, Tricep Dips) 10 sets of 12 reps
    Saturday - Legs (Dumbell Squats, Dumbell lunges) 10 sets of 12 reps / steady evening run (20-30mins)
    Sunday - recovery period

How long does it normally take for progress to start showing if you stay consistent, has anyone started strength training and have had success?

Also I have been thinking about the cardio in my routine, will it prevent muscle building or benefit muscle growth? Any help would be super appreciated.

Many thanks! :)