1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

New and trying the 90 no PMO

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Nekkhamma, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Nekkhamma

Nekkhamma Fapstronaut

Hey all,

I'm new here and trying the 90 day no PMO. I've had success before of varying degrees outside of nofap, but recently PMO'd and looking for some support and community with this run. Good luck to all of you!

byeoldfriend likes this.
  2. byeoldfriend

byeoldfriend Fapstronaut

Welcome @Nekkhamma, I hope we all can learn from your experience.

Regards

Nekkhamma likes this.
  3. YorkGO

YorkGO Fapstronaut

recommend you the success stories section, can be very inspirational, good luck!

Nekkhamma likes this.
  4. Welcome. Glad you are here.

Take some time to read the reboot material (available here => http://www.nofap.com/getting-started) and come up with a plan for what you will do when you are faced with urges. It has good advice, so don't skip it! :)

Perhaps start writing a journal - if you feel comfortable telling people about happened and what's going on now, you will start to feel accountable to them. You may even inspire others. It's a nice feeling! This will help your recovery.

Also, try to add something into your life that makes you the kind of person who doesn't engage in PMO. Think about doing:
    Something you enjoy
    Something you're good at
    Something important
    Something for somebody else, without thought of reward (and if you DO get an unintended reward, do something ELSE, perhaps for a different person or group).

Read the journals of others - we all learn from each other. For example, I received the above good advice from a far more experienced member of the community who shared his knowledge. Don't just stay within your own age group or part of the world. Share your knowledge in a respectful way. Read, learn, apply.

Look around the forums, get to know people. Everyone is friendly, and will try to support you. We're all in the same boat here. :)

Be kind to others and others will be kind to you, both here and IRL.

I wish you a successful reboot.

Nekkhamma likes this.
  5. Nekkhamma

Nekkhamma Fapstronaut

Thanks brother!