1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

New "fapstronaut"

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Julz1795, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Julz1795

Julz1795 Fapstronaut

Hi guys. Just a brief background to my situation. So you could say I've been addicted to P for quite a while now. Never really looked at it as a major issue. More especially as it wasn't affecting my sex life.
    I had been single for a few years, mainly using PMO as my way of dealing with the loneliness, and nothing felt out of the ordinary. I found myself exploring the wildest content on the internet that I never thought I could ever find myself interested in, and just thinking it was all normal and part of my sexuality.
    Anyways, more recently I got a girlfriend and yesterday you could say we had our first proper sexual experience together. And I faced PIED (I hope I got that right?). I felt so desensitized and disappointed in myself. It was at this point really where I decided that enough was enough and signed up to this.
    Having explored this site I'm truly hopeful of what lies ahead for me and I'm glad to be on board

2. The Lone Ranger

The Lone Ranger Fapstronaut

Good for you, you should be hopeful!

Remember that you’ve gotten yourself a big time habit. This won’t happen without a proper decision. There will be times that you will question if this was a good idea. This is your brain trying to take the easy way out. Changing habits is kind of tiresome. More easy to just moving on with the same old same old. You set a goal from the beginning and you stick to it. Because you are the captain of this ship. Doesn’t have to be a long term goal to begin with. Say 7 days or 10 days or 2 weeks or whatever you feel comfortable with. After that you evaluate and decide what to do next. You’re a grown man and free to say that this was enough, going back to PMO. The important thing is no negotiating with PMO during the period of time that you’ve chosen to commit to sobriety.

You kick off by formulate your personal reason for doing this journey, what are your true motives. When the going gets tuff, going over your initial reasons is the best means for staying on track.

This was my contribution for now. Just one opinion from a fellow fapstronaut. I’m sure others will have different things to say. Best of wishes on your journey towards sobriety, you won’t regret this (I can’t believe the time and energy I wasted on the bullshit). Cheers!

3. Julz1795

Julz1795 Fapstronaut

Truly appreciate the encouraging words. Will carry them with me as I go through this journey. Thanks lone ranger!